Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

Banished

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Banished on 2014-02-20, 14:31





Haven't played a game like this in a while, looks pretty good!

View user profile

2 Re: Banished on 2014-02-20, 18:35

Im going to get it

View user profile

3 Re: Banished on 2014-02-20, 18:38

Yeah I read the description the other night just browsing Steam. Plan ongettingit as well

View user profile

4 Re: Banished on 2014-02-21, 00:29

Here's a first impression by Totalbiscuit

View user profile

5 Re: Banished on 2014-02-21, 18:28

Let me know what ya'll think of the game. I was kind of intrigued with the game myself.

View user profile

6 Re: Banished on 2014-02-21, 22:51

Just played for an hour and a half and only stopped because of a crash

Otherwise im having alot of fun with it

At my 5th Year and have been playing at 10x Speed Very Happy

Any questions you guys want to ask ill try and answer

View user profile

7 Re: Banished on 2014-02-23, 16:58

Frostbyrn wrote:Just played for an hour and a half and only stopped because of a crash

Otherwise im having alot of fun with it

At my 5th Year and have been playing at 10x Speed Very Happy

Any questions you guys want to ask ill try and answer

I broke down and bought the game. Here's to several hours of frustration as I try to learn the game lol.

View user profile

8 Re: Banished on 2014-02-23, 17:50

Here's a tip. Don't build a farm on your first year. a gathering and fishing hut are much much better to get you through the first winter.

View user profile

9 Re: Banished on 2014-02-23, 18:52

this sounds like dwarf fortress with less goblins

View user profile

10 Re: Banished on 2014-02-23, 19:37

Fishing huts production is based on amount of water within its radius

Herbalists and Gatherers are affected by the density of the forests around them

Firewood sells for 4 in the trading post and tools sell for 8 its takes 2500 to buy a crop seed and about 600 per animal

Tools and Education each improve a villagers effective by 2x each so a educated tool equipped worker is 4x better than a bare handed uneducated one

Villagers will take jobs which are in the closest proximity to their house

View user profile

11 Re: Banished on 2014-02-23, 21:29

Made it through 20 years in game, and then I screwed up and expanded too fast. My population was getting older, and they were not having enough kids. Put too many houses down and didn't have the food production line to back it up sadly.

View user profile

12 Re: Banished on 2014-02-23, 23:55

so is this worth picking up? seems a little bit like civ...kinda sorta.

View user profile

13 Re: Banished on 2014-02-24, 00:02

Nothing like Civ

I like to think of it as a really hard version of Town building in Age of Empires 2 Very Happy

View user profile

14 Re: Banished on 2014-02-24, 00:03

well is it fun?

View user profile

15 Re: Banished on 2014-02-24, 00:15

Do you like failing alot and slowing getting a little better every playthrough?

View user profile

16 Re: Banished on 2014-02-24, 00:48

Maybe? I enjoy strategy games as long as they aren't too RTS like. I can't keep track of and multitask a whole bunch of shit at once.

View user profile

17 Re: Banished on 2014-02-24, 01:29

Watch one of the Lets Plays

Its mostly about managing resources so all your little ants do not die

Keeping them fed, warm and healthy

Although sometimes some bullshit does happen like my first loss were the babies came out 75% Female and I died due to a combination Pussy flood and Penis shortage Very Happy

View user profile

18 Re: Banished on 2014-02-24, 01:45

Frostbyrn wrote:Watch one of the Lets Plays

Its mostly about managing resources so all your little ants do not die

Keeping them fed, warm and healthy

Although sometimes some bullshit does happen like my first loss were the babies came out 75% Female and I died due to a combination Pussy flood and Penis shortage Very Happy
Bullshit. Why wouldn't one guy just get all the pussy?

View user profile

19 Re: Banished on 2014-02-24, 01:47

Frostbyrn wrote:Fishing huts production is based on amount of water within its radius

Herbalists and Gatherers are affected by the density of the forests around them

Firewood sells for 4 in the trading post and tools sell for 8 its takes 2500 to buy a crop seed and about 600 per animal

Tools and Education each improve a villagers effective by 2x each so a educated tool equipped worker is 4x better than a bare handed uneducated one

Villagers will take jobs which are in the closest proximity to their house

What about quarries, does it matter where they're placed?

View user profile

20 Re: Banished on 2014-02-24, 01:52

Quarries are permanent and not infinite but no it does not matter

Also be careful when making a trading post for the first time as foreigners can have diseases so make sure you have herbs stacked up and maybe have a hospital pre-built

Also I do not know why one guy could not knock them all up and have a super inbred village Very Happy

Although at one point a 3 year old boy was living with a 50 year old woman who wasnt his mother I was like

SOON! Very Happy

View user profile

21 Re: Banished on 2014-02-24, 05:57

Frostbyrn wrote:Quarries are permanent and not infinite but no it does not matter

Also be careful when making a trading post for the first time as foreigners can have diseases so make sure you have herbs stacked up and maybe have a hospital pre-built

Also I do not know why one guy could not knock them all up and have a super inbred village Very Happy

Although at one point a 3 year old boy was living with a 50 year old woman who wasnt his mother I was like

SOON! Very Happy

Lol, so far soo good on my part. Nearly at 50 years for my village and still counting. At a point where my people are getting too old and the youngins are not growing up quite as quickly as I'd like. Saved right before having to make a choice to let 32 nomads become citizens. 12 was hard enough to make up the sudden influx of food consumption. I'll have to clear a huge section of the map just to put up farm land among other things.

Been having a blast with it, SO worth the $20 IMO.

View user profile

22 Re: Banished on 2014-02-24, 15:39

Is it challenging enough once you get how it works?

I feel like without any kind of combat or enemies (curve balls) it would get boring as soon as you figured out how to not fail from natural causes.

View user profile

23 Re: Banished on 2014-02-24, 15:48

Nope its still bloody hard

View user profile

24 Re: Banished on 2014-02-24, 18:12

Well that fucking sucked, my village of 57 years in game gets obliterated by a freak tornado. God damn this game is mean. Landed right in the middle of town, an tore directly through my primary residential district.

Not to self for future villages, spread out the houses so that shit like that isn't so damn painful. Took out like 7/10 of my entire population.

Good thing I saved earlier.

View user profile

25 Re: Banished on 2014-02-25, 17:55

Few more handy tips and tricks from Reddit

Apparently Traders can carry 500 resources at a time compared to a labourers 100 so if you put a stockpile next to the trading post then you can get them to quickly move stone,iron and wood that you have been harvesting from a fair distance away (Just max out the resource number in the trading post then when they have moved it all 0 it out and they will put it in the stockpile next to them)

Also optimal building placements for a few things

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum