Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amazon purchases Double Helix...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Amazon purchases Double Helix... on 2014-02-06, 10:20

http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/05/amazon-acquires-video-gaming-studio-double-helix-games/

AKA the developers of the best (if you're not a fan of Dead Rising) exclusive on the Xbone. Someone gotta die for this shit, b.

View user profile
what exclusive?

View user profile
Killer Instinct. Even though the roster is still small, it's an awesome game. Double Helix did the impossible. People flipped out when they heard it was them developing KI. I can't imagine what will happen in the hands of another studio.

View user profile
Should be ok. And yes. Everyone was making fun of KI, but it is actually, really, really good. A great game and an awesome follow up to the franchise. I was shocked how well it turned out.

Polygon has obtained the following comment from Microsoft, which mentions the future of the Killer Instinct franchise.

We have thoroughly enjoyed working with Double Helix and wish them success in their next endeavor. We want all of our loyal fans to know that the Killer Instinct team at Microsoft is not changing and that the franchise will remain with Microsoft Studios. We remain dedicated to delivering a great experience and plan to announce our new development partner soon. We're excited about the future of this popular franchise.

[Source: Polygon]

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/02/06/amazon-acquires-killer-instinct-developer-double-helix-games.aspx

I saw that too, but things tend to go awry when a series switches developers. Especially when it's like this, a game that's still being built upon. I hope it turns out alright because it would be a shame to see KI get run into the ground after such a strong comeback.

View user profile
Shinma wrote:I saw that too, but things tend to go awry when a series switches developers. Especially when it's like this, a game that's still being built upon. I hope it turns out alright because it would be a shame to see KI get run into the ground after such a strong comeback.

Yeah, I read it wring. I read it as "the guys working on it are now at MS Studios".

However MS Studios worked with DH to make the game. Ken Lobb and several other at MS Studios are still working on it so it hasn't changed hands completely.

Why would Amazon even want to buy Double Helix? Prior to KI they hadn't made anything good.

Maybe they were cheap to get because of that?

Probably. Which begs the question: if DH was for sale, why wouldn't Microsoft pick them up as a first party developer? They definitely need more and if anything, they've proven to be capable of making a good game and it's not outrageous to say that Killer Instinct helped sell quite a few xbones.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum