Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

Planet side 2 - anyone still play?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Planet side 2 - anyone still play? on 2014-01-25, 02:20

Last time I played was November or December of 2012 if memory serves. Thinking of getting back into the game and giving it a second chance now that it's had time to mature.

That said, I remember it being a game that SUCKS without other people to play with and talk to. So does anyone else play?

I'm currently playing as the NC on Connery (West)

Last edited by Artimise Flare on 2014-01-26, 04:13; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
im TR on Miller (EU)

View user profile
Hmm so no one else plays besides me and Adli?

View user profile
I play. What server are you on, that would help some more.

View user profile
I do.

View user profile
Ante wrote:I do.

I know you're VS on Waterson last I checked.

View user profile
I've been playing NC on Connery lately. Not sure if I'm staying though because I have a lot of work done on my VS character.

View user profile
Waterson is sort of a pit for the VS anyways. But on the other hand on Connery and Waterson I'm on your team. That is if Ante87 is your NC and Ante is you VS.

View user profile
I play on Connery (West) as the NC, used to play on Waterson, but kept getting my ass handed to me by the other two factions.

View user profile
Well there we have it, me you and Ante all have NC characters on Connery.

My IGN is ReisN, Ante's is Ante87 (I assume).

View user profile
Yep that's me. I've been rolling either engineer or heavy assault a lot. I'll roll infiltrator sometimes when the cliff monsters come out.

View user profile
I typically roll Infiltrator (trying to get an SMG), Engi or Medic. I like the support classes personally, so I'll add yall to my friends list.

View user profile
might as well make a NC alt on Connery, have only ever played TR, except from characters i made NC and VS just to check out their guns in VR lol.

View user profile
Just went on a moderate kill streak in a Lightning. Was pretty funny popping max's left and right. Took them a while to finally get pissed off enough to come after me with a Mosquito (which was promptly blown out of the skies after I died)

I think I may end up liking PS2 more than BF4 (Sacralidge I know), probably due to the fact that vehicles actually stand a chance for the most part. Could also be the fact that the game actually works, unlike the hot mess that is BF4 at this time.

View user profile
PS4 version?

What do you think? lol

View user profile
Artimise Flare wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:PS4 version?

What do you think? lol

Ummm yes?
I'm waiting for the Vita version myself.

View user profile
Metalzoic wrote:PS4 version?

'exclusive to PS4' right?

ehehe heheh hehe.

View user profile
I played a little before but playing with the randoms was kinda bleh...later on I watched Angry Joe's review and he said it would take over 1000 hours to unlock a new weapon for just 1 character, is that still true it's sorta pay2win or is stuff balanced?

it ran pretty good on my pc despite many online saying it was horribly optimized

View user profile
optimisation is a lot better, i dont drop below 30 even in 48+ v 48+ battles in Biolabs

View user profile
JrTapia1991 wrote:I played a little before but playing with the randoms was kinda bleh...later on I watched Angry Joe's review and he said it would take over 1000 hours to unlock a new weapon for just 1 character, is that still true it's sorta pay2win or is stuff balanced?

it ran pretty good on my pc despite many online saying it was horribly optimized

wut... farming certs can take a while, but nowhere near 1000 hours to get a new weapon.

The game is pay4convenience. All 3 factions have some of the best shit unlocked from the get-go. All you really need is an AA launcher and a left MAX gun.

View user profile
yeah the TRAC-5 for the Terran Republic is a god-tier Carbine. i unlocked the T5 AMC and just said 'nooooope' and went back to the TRAC-5

and the T1 Cycler for the TR Combat Medic is great too.

i did unlock the Rhino instead of the standard LMG, but thats because the Rhino sounds so goddamn good with its low ROF and 200 round extended mag. just buddabuddabuddabudda all day Very Happy

View user profile
oh cool then, I'll just use the default stuff...I don't feel like grinding for better stuff Razz

View user profile
JrTapia1991 wrote:oh cool then, I'll just use the default stuff...I don't feel like grinding for better stuff Razz

You get a cert point every 250 XP. A regular kill will net you 100 XP. The highest a weapon will cost is 1000 certs.

So for a 1000 cert weapon you need to kill 2500 people, not counting any other XP sources. Which means Angry Joe would have had to kill 2.5 people every hour to be that slow, or 5 people per 2 hours.

And then there's all the other stuff that counts for XP. Killing vehicles generally grant more XP on top of killing whoever was inside. A Sunderer (enemy spawn) will usually net you 2 certs (500 XP). Capturing bases will give you a bit, depending on base size.

Then there's the menace system where killing enemies that have gained a set amount of XP in their current life gets you much more XP than normal.

Then there's all the support actions, like repairing or healing, or the surprisingly good amount you get for assisting in killing enemy aircraft.

The Medal system, which gives you a bit of certs at 10, 60, 160 and 1160 kills with a given weapon.

Finally there's the ribbon system, which rewards you for every 10 kills with a weapon or a set amount of repair points or healing/reviving. Included in that is the daily ribbon bonus, which grants 5x the regular ribbon XP for the first 5 ribbons you get per day.

It is sort of grindy overall, but then again you don't really NEED the guns.

The real grind is outfitting everything you have, as certs aren't just used for guns, they're used for upgrades for guns, upgrades for your class, etc.

View user profile
Don't forget the passive cert system that gives you x amount of certs for coming back to the game after a while.

View user profile
i just made an NC on Connery

add me - Ducksaws

View user profile
I'll try it once the PS4 version hits.

View user profile
Duck wrote:yeah if the PS4 version can get this game to run on max settings at 60 fps I'll be really impressed

I don't know about max, but they said it is the equivalent to the PC on Ultra at 60fps.

Is that the step below Max?

We'll see. Everything I've heard about the game is that it runs like a total pile of steaming shit on PC so I doubt it will be very good on the PS4.

Ultra @ 60 fps sounds really really good.

View user profile
It actually runs A LOT better on PC nowadays.

View user profile
Ante wrote:It actually runs A LOT better on PC nowadays.

That's the consensus I've got from a lot of the vets in the game.

View user profile
Enjoying it a fuckton more than BF4 at the moment too. Just about finally saved up the 1000 certs to buy the Blitz SMG. Been maining Engineer, using the GD-7F carbine in the meantime. That thing tears people apart in close range. Also broke down and bought the NS-15M LMG for my Heavy. Doesn't have the stopping power of the SAW but it's a million times more controllable.

View user profile
Ante wrote:It actually runs A LOT better on PC nowadays.

Ah, well that's good news then. Maybe the PS4 version will be worth playing after all.

Ante wrote:Enjoying it a fuckton more than BF4 at the moment too. Just about finally saved up the 1000 certs to buy the Blitz SMG. Been maining Engineer, using the GD-7F carbine in the meantime. That thing tears people apart in close range. Also broke down and bought the NS-15M LMG for my Heavy. Doesn't have the stopping power of the SAW but it's a million times more controllable.

I'm still using the Stalker and the Cyclone on my Infiltrator. I hear the Blitz is an SMG that you don't ADS with, it's all hip fire from what' I've read. Is this true?

View user profile
>.< I went to bf4 on 360, got so tired of it crashing on pc now telling me I don't have enough ram, like is 8 fucking Gigabytes not enough??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: it also tells me my gpu doesn't even have 512mb ram still...lol

View user profile
That's why I've not been playing honestly. Not sure what it is, but I'm just bored of it, tired of the BS that's been going on in game too.

Been doing other stuff to be honest. Just got done with Kingdom of Amalur, my first play through at least (81 hours, not bad).

Trying to work on my book(s) now, among other things as well.

View user profile
The Cyclone has a theoretical better TTK than the Blitz, but you have to make every shot count. The Cyclone is also a little better at range.

Yes the Blitz is primarily a hip-fire SMG, but you can ADS with it if you really need to. Having a 50 round magazine and an 845 RPM fire rate makes it an insane CQC spam cannon.

Also, really broke in the NS-15M earlier tonight. Joined a platoon and took The Ascent, then put up a Helm's Deep tier defense against both the VS and TR. Over an hour of holding them back and trying to push west into Lithcorp Central. By the time I logged off we still hadn't made it through, but The Ascent was still firmly in our hands.

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428109895933135569/killboard
8:30pm is when the battle started.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum