Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the GTX 660 or GTX 760 work with my Motherboard?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I have a IPISB-CU (Carmel2) motherboard but I have read numerous articles stating that the GTX 660/760 is not compatible with the Carmel Mobo by pegatron and upon booting the pc the screen would remain at the HP Splash Menu. The reason I am asking this is because I am looking into buying a new GPU, but I need to know if it will work with this mobo before purchasing. Thanks

P.S. I am aware that I will need to purchase a more powerful PSU

Motherboard- http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02980014&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5156837

PC Specs- http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03028604&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5156837

View user profile
Welcome, and what type of Hyphootinator do you use?

View user profile
A-town123 wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:Welcome, and what type of Hyphootinator do you use?
Hyphootinator? I am not familiar with the term. Care to explain?

it modulates the stuffer expander. i hope you have clink filters installed. you dont want clink getting in the stuffer expander, thats what causes overheating in a lot of hyphootinators.

i learned that the hard way, cost me about £250 to get a replacement since you cant RMA a hyphootinator if it overheats from clink Sad

View user profile
You guys are assholes. This is why we never retain new members.

Hey dude. What you need to look at is the available slots on your motherboard. You have a PCI-Express slot. Therefore you'll be fine.

View user profile
Pariah wrote:You guys are assholes. This is why we never retain new members.

Hey dude. What you need to look at is the available slots on your motherboard. You have a PCI-Express slot. Therefore you'll be fine.
Haha finally a normal response! Thanks but I'm not worried about not being able to physically install the GPU, but I am worried that my motherboard is not compatible with a upgraded GPU and PSU. I currently have a nVidia GT 520 installed, which came with the computer upon purchase.

View user profile

fine. see how he feels when his Hyphootinator blasts clink up its St Elmo's Pipe Trench.

dick.

View user profile
A-town123 wrote:

Haha finally a normal response! Thanks but I'm not worried about not being able to physically install the GPU, but I am worried that my motherboard is not compatible with a upgraded GPU and PSU. I currently have a nVidia GT 520 installed, which came with the computer upon purchase.

its not.

i ran into the same issue. with the same exact mobo.
i had to buy a new one. i went with one of the cheaper ausrocks, but im a cheapskate so...

View user profile
i have a suspicion you bought the same hp prefab i did too.

*edit

not the same prefab, but same mobo.
wasnt compatible with my 760.

View user profile
Epyk MD wrote:
A-town123 wrote:

its not.

i had to buy a new one. i went with one of the cheaper ausrocks, but im a cheapskate so...

Yea I saw your article on here and dang this sucks haha how hard was it to install a new mobo?

View user profile
Epyk MD wrote:i have a suspicion you bought the same hp prefab i did too.

*edit

Yea I have a HP Pavilion h8-1114 and it came with the piece of shit GT 520 ha which cannot handle most of the games I enjoy playing very well and that is why I want to upgrade.

View user profile
The Adli Corporation wrote:

fine. see how he feels when his Hyphootinator blasts clink up its St Elmo's Pipe Trench.

dick.

Exactly. How do you guys think Frosts dad grew boobs?

...Incompatible Hyphootinator. That's how.

dick.

terrible business that. its had a worse effect on Frost though, major psychological trauma.

View user profile
A-town123 wrote:
Epyk MD wrote:
A-town123 wrote:

its not.

Yea I saw your article on here and dang this sucks haha how hard was it to install a new mobo?

not too hard. make sure it will fit your case and the chipsets match. it took me about an hour of trial and error my first time. psu wires should all be labeled and the motherboard sockets should be labeled as well. i ran into a front usb issue, but nothing too crazy.

View user profile
Metalzoic wrote:

dick.

terrible business that. its had a worse effect on Frost though, major psychological trauma.

from what i understand, it actually had a positive effect on his psyche.

View user profile
I hate prebuilts....you're probably going to have to just get a cheap b75 or h61 motherboard, about 50-75ish bucks. Then Windows 7 or whatever you have will start crying about verification, also get a new power supply, the one in prebuilts is assured to be crap

View user profile
i got a nice modular 700w for 50ish.
make sure you check dimensions first to make sure it will fit..

View user profile
I kinda feel bad if we ran off that guy wayyyyy back talking about his old i3 wouldn't work >_>

View user profile
JrTapia1991 wrote:I kinda feel bad if we ran off that guy wayyyyy back talking about his old i3 wouldn't work >_>

to be fair, we had A LOT of bots back at that point. it was hard to tell who was a real person.

View user profile
A-town123 wrote:
Epyk MD wrote:i have a suspicion you bought the same hp prefab i did too.

*edit

Yea I have a HP Pavilion h8-1114 and it came with the piece of shit GT 520 ha which cannot handle most of the games I enjoy playing very well and that is why I want to upgrade.

Should be able to uninstall your old one and reinstall a new one in about 30 minutes an Hour if you are a but slower

Not that hard really

View user profile
Epyk MD wrote:
A-town123 wrote:
Epyk MD wrote:
A-town123 wrote:

its not.

not too hard. make sure it will fit your case and the chipsets match. it took me about an hour of trial and error my first time. psu wires should all be labeled and the motherboard sockets should be labeled as well. i ran into a front usb issue, but nothing too crazy.
Alright thank you very much! Ha looks like I got some more homework to do! Y'all have been very helpful and have saved me a bunch of time and money lol Very Happy 

View user profile
A-town123 wrote:

Alright thank you very much! Ha looks like I got some more homework to do! Y'all have been very helpful and have saved me a bunch of time and money lol Very Happy [/quote]

no worries man!
if you have any questions or issues, feel free to pop in. or if you just pipe in on any of the other random posts.

let us know how if works out for you.

View user profile
Epyk MD wrote:
A-town123 wrote:

Alright thank you very much! Ha looks like I got some more homework to do! Y'all have been very helpful and have saved me a bunch of time and money lol Very Happy 

no worries man!
if you have any questions or issues, feel free to pop in. or if you just pipe in on any of the other random posts.

let us know how if works out for you.[/quote]
Will do my friend, will do!

View user profile
Stay classy, SeC.

I gotta admit that those first 2 posts were the best, but still.

View user profile
A-town123 wrote:
Epyk MD wrote:
A-town123 wrote:
Epyk MD wrote:
A-town123 wrote:

its not.

No problem. Glad I could help.

Epyk MD wrote:
A-town123 wrote:
Epyk MD wrote:
A-town123 wrote:

its not.

No problem. Glad I could help.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum