Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

PSX, PS2, Gamecube and Wii recommendations.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I just set up a bunch of new emulators on my machine and got them running pretty good. Now I need recommendations for the best games from these systems.

Was playing DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 earlier in full 1080p widescreen. It was pretty fucking glorious.

View user profile
Any Monster Hunter. Pretty sure there's releases for the PS2 and Wii. Really good games. Animal Crossing for the GCN is a really good one too. Very laid back game.

View user profile
The first three Crash Bandicoot games on PS1 and Battalion Wars on Gamecube and Wii.

View user profile
Xenoblade for Wii, FE:Path of Radiance for GC, Star Ocean or perhaps FF12 for PS2, as well as maybe MGS.

View user profile
Fire Emblem (both GC and Wii), Muramasa The Demon Blade for Wii (unless you bought the Vita re-release, it has more stuff), Valkyrie Profile (I've only played the first one, but try both), any Pikmin, any Metroid Prime, Resident Evil (the Gamecube remake) is fantastic, Eternal Darkness.

Just off the top of my head.

View user profile
Super Smash Bros. Brawl/Melee

View user profile
For PSX i think everyone should play the glory that is Brigandine, it's an amazing strategy game that was years ahead of its time i can't believe we have nothing like it yet.

Vandal Hearts is pretty awesome too though i've never played the second one.

Monster seed i havn't played in awhile but i remember likeing it a lot.

Wild Arms series

Legend of Legaia

Monster Rancher

I am sure there's more but that's off the top of my head.. Why do RPGs suck now?

View user profile
I forgot to mention Pikmin 1 and 2 on Gamecube, you should get those as well.

View user profile
PSX:
Legend of Dragoon
Final Fantasy 7
Silent Hill
Resident Evil 2,3

Gamecube:
Resident Evil Remake
Metroid Prime 1,2

Wii:
House of the dead Razz

PS2:MGS 2, 3 Snake Water
Silent Hill 2, 3 , 4
Resident Evil Code Veronica X, Resident Evil Outbreak File 1,2, Resident Evil Dead Aim
Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy 12(although it got lots of hate back in the day...I played a little)
Siren (scared the hell out of me way back as a kid....) Siren 2 Forbidden (only EU release, would probably just have to change bios to PAL for it to run,idk haven't tried)


off the top of my head I guess that's it Razz I was going to ask about this awhile back too...I mostly like rpg and horror haha.

View user profile
chunckylover53 wrote:Why do RPGs suck now?
CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE!

But really, just don't buy AAA stuff and you're set.

chunckylover53 wrote:Brigandine

I'll have to play that. I love strategy games.

View user profile
I havn't watched this video but it lists Brigandine.





Here's a video of a battle that doesn't look that great but just gives you an idea of what to expect




There's a grand edition with extra content, however it was only released in Japan.

View user profile
Ars Diaboli wrote:
chunckylover53 wrote:Why do RPGs suck now?
CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE!

But really, just don't buy AAA stuff and you're set.

chunckylover53 wrote:Brigandine

I'll have to play that. I love strategy games.

Have you tried Valkyria Chronicles?

View user profile
Thanks for the recommendations keep em coming!

View user profile
Kenshiro wrote:
Ars Diaboli wrote:
chunckylover53 wrote:Why do RPGs suck now?
CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE!

But really, just don't buy AAA stuff and you're set.

chunckylover53 wrote:Brigandine

I'll have to play that. I love strategy games.

Have you tried Valkyria Chronicles?
I actually played the demo a long time ago in my PS3. It got me interested but never got around playing it and I just forgot... but it's still fucking expensive here and I have no money (probaly won't for a while). If I can find it for a good price I'll give it a shot, digital or physical.

View user profile
Ars Diaboli wrote:
Kenshiro wrote:
Ars Diaboli wrote:
chunckylover53 wrote:Why do RPGs suck now?
CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE!

But really, just don't buy AAA stuff and you're set.

chunckylover53 wrote:Brigandine

I'll have to play that. I love strategy games.

Have you tried Valkyria Chronicles?
I actually played the demo a long time ago in my PS3. It got me interested but never got around playing it and I just forgot... but it's still fucking expensive here and I have no money (probaly won't for a while). If I can find it for a good price I'll give it a shot, digital or physical.

For a game that came out 5.5 years ago it's still pretty expensive. I got a used one for $35.

But it's a great game all the same.

View user profile
http://www.amazon.com/Valkyria-Chronicles-Playstation-3/dp/B0016C3260

about 20 bucks, I heard it was cool but never played it

View user profile
It's ok i wasn't crazy about it.

View user profile
I hate how you douches get all the good deals with Amazon.  I'm fucked over here. My only saviour is PC gaming. Well, not like I have that much time to play anyway  ...

View user profile
Ars Diaboli wrote:I hate how you douches get all the good deals with Amazon.  I'm fucked over here. My only saviour is PC gaming. Well, not like I have that much time to play anyway  ...

Try starting an order. If it's anything like Canada some US Amazon stuff can get shipped, if not the first one on the list.

View user profile
I can order from Amazon just fine actually. The problem is the killer shipping. Valkyria Chronicles at $25? I'll probably end up paying about $50, maybe more.

I've tried Sad

I want that Dark Souls artbook coming out soon, it's $25 in Amazon, but $35 with shipping to where I live. And that's cheap because it's a book. I'll just get some PDF <_<

View user profile
I would say the PS2 Ace Combat games, but they notoriously impossible to emulate.

The Ratchet & Clank games are really good, SOCOM 2, Shadow of the Colossus, that's all I got for now.

View user profile
Billy Hatcher, Wind Waker, F Zero GX, and other games..... oh Digimon World 4 alll Gamecube

View user profile
Persona 4 if you have the time

View user profile
can't believe I forgot to mention Persona 3 FES and Persona 4

View user profile
Been playing some metroid prime. That game's pretty legit. They did a pretty decent job translating the metroid feel into 3D.

View user profile
Yeah, Metroid Prime is simply fantastic. Instant classic. And to this day, it still looks good.

Are you playing the first one?

View user profile
Yup. Really good so far.

View user profile
Bit late, but I also recommend Skies of Arcadia for GC.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum