Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

I fucking finally did it. FUCK YOU CENTURY LINK (except Tasha)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

So. First to say. My NAT type for gaming has been strict with CL's modem/router. I've been wanting to make it open for some time. So I call up CL since I don't know how.

First call was to a not so helpful woman who said to call Actiontec. The makers of the modem. I call them, and it sends me to an automated message that says to call CL (yes. A fucking circle) and gives me a number. I call it and guess what... It's a gotdang phone sex line for talking to "the hottest guys". I hang up and do a google search to find that the number AT gave me has one digit wring.

So I call CL again with the number I found and they say that they couldn't help me because of my area is out of their range (wherever that tech center is located), and she puts me on hold to transfer me. I tell the lady my predicament. She pretty much tells me to Google it.

Infuriated. I did. A misstep that I looked on Xbox told me to bridge it. So I go to the modem's web page. Set up a transparent bridge. Now mind you that bridging works only if the two are separate. Guess what. The damn internet goes down and I quickly back track and reconfigure it back to the old setting. My hard connections work, but Wifi is down.

I get pissed and me and Sheep go bowling. We come back a few hours later, I call CL, again. A wonderful woman named Tasha answers and she helps me to factory reset the modem. That fixes everything to do with the connections. I then ask how to open my NAT. She says Port Forwarding. I look up the numbers of XBL's ports. Type it into the modem port value areas and did it. My NAT type is Open.

View user profile
Strict or Moderate NAT is a pretty common issue with consoles, and the solutions are usually UPnP (if available) or manual port forwarding. You've only just found out about how to get around it?

I wouldn't dream of not having my NAT open, BC2 was a terrible experience until I fixed it.

View user profile
Yeah. I know it's old. Just never had a problem with it before now.

View user profile
That sounds like fun. Glad you fixed it.
Thankfully with my new router both new systems simply fired up as open right out of the box, no trouble.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum