Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

MacBook hack supports Windows

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-30, 20:45

View user profile

2 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-30, 22:35

Nice to see that Mac can finally stand up to Windows.

View user profile

3 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 00:21

Laughing

I'm actually getting a Macbook Pro sometime next year. All laptops I've used have been shit, and the Mac laptops I tried were at least decent enough.

View user profile

4 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 00:36

Ars Diaboli wrote:Laughing

I'm actually getting a Macbook Pro sometime next year. All laptops I've used have been shit, and the Mac laptops I tried were at least decent enough.

*Slaps Ars hard across the face*

NOW REPEAT AFTER ME!

I WILL NOT SUPPORT APPLE IN ANYWAY

View user profile

5 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 00:45

Honestly Frost, they're as shitty as Microsoft. Difference being that Microsoft keeps releasing shit software and hardware, and Apple at least has some form of quality. At this point they are both equally bad for me, but for different reasons.

View user profile

6 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 00:49

I dislike Apple more I have to say

I think it is the stupidity of their customers

View user profile

7 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 00:57

My MacBook for work has Windows 7 and the Mac OS on it.

View user profile

8 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 01:04

I hate the Apple fanboys too, but plenty of their customers just like their shit more. Not all are retarded little turds that buy into the cult of Apple thing. You hate the retarded ones.

I'm talking about the companies and their products and services. They are both equally bad. Apple because they have their heads too far up their asses but at the very least release decent crap every now and then, Microsoft because they are complete cunts and I hope they crash and burn. Every single thing I've used from them is either mediocre or complete crap. Internet Explorer, any Windows that isn't 7, most of their Office suite, their consoles, fuck I don't know what more. They have good stuff for developers but their consumer shit is terrible.

In my case, every single Windows laptop I've used is a complete waste of time. Shit touchpads, they either have shit performance or are stupid heavy and have low battery life. The 13" Macbook I want has a good enough touchpad, good battery life (8-9 hours), high resolution, decent performance for a laptop, and is light.

View user profile

9 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 01:47

MEGA MILK wrote:My MacBook for work has Windows 7 and the Mac OS on it.

wow you're so fucking cool aren't you?

View user profile

10 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 03:36

this amd apu a8 laptop I got is pretty smooth for browsing online but gaming it gets boiling hot

View user profile

11 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 03:38

I use my laptop for work so it's usually in need of more power. Can't get away just with browsing and an office suite.

View user profile

12 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 04:05

I was raised with Macs, which is why I love them. Plus, I mean graphic design... I have to have one anyway. But even if it was a simple choice, I would still take Mac. I love the quality and the longevity of the devices.
And I too have OsX Mavericks and Windows 8. Mavericks is so ridiculously better than 8 though, it's not even funny.

View user profile

13 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 12:47

This is like a Ford vs. Chevy debate, but even less interesting with way more dorkiness and far less hot chicks.

14 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 16:23

Metalzoic wrote:This is like a Ford vs. Chevy debate, but even less interesting with way more dorkiness and far less hot chicks.

Down here its Ford vs Holden Very Happy

View user profile

15 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 21:44

Chevy is Holden there? Holden sounds better than Chevy.

16 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 23:05

Metalzoic wrote:Chevy is Holden there? Holden sounds better than Chevy.

Nah Holden is an Australian Car manufacturer owned by General Motors

Chevy is also owned by them so they might have similar designs and such

View user profile

17 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2013-12-31, 23:44

I think our Pontiac GTO used an engine sourced from a Holden car.

18 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-01, 00:08

I always liked the Holden Commodores

Pretty cool car

View user profile

19 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-01, 00:13

I just looked it up It looks a lot like a Pontiac G series.
They don't make Pontiacs anymore though... killed off the brand a few years back.

20 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-01, 00:21

The commodore was one of their own designs

Maybe the G series was based on it

View user profile

21 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-01, 00:26

Probably because the G Pontiacs were about the only ones that didn't look like shit.
They certainly weren't designed by their normal designer/janitor.

Take the GTO for example. They revive a classic, iconic American muscle car name, give it a burly buildable engine a pile on the performance...

Then they design it to look like a a throwaway econo-family sedan from the late 80's. Looks-wise it is horrid looking and an embarrassment to the name.

New:

OG:

22 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-01, 00:31

23 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-01, 00:35

Someone is over-compensating with that engine Very Happy

View user profile

24 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-01, 05:24

As Sony basically abandoned my only love for laptops, Sony Z series, I am looking more and more into MacBook Pros just like Ars.

I just am completely annoyed at the fact that laptops are specializing into zones, and throwing away the premium ones.

One of the reason why I was looking for new laptop to begin with was the fact that my old laptop seemed to have developed screen defect lately, but it is now gone after I came back from the vacation. Its a Christmas miracle!

25 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-01, 12:14

IT'S A MIRACLE!

Santa Jesus must love you Stormy!
We have laptops for work, but ever since they gave us tablets to work from no one uses them anymore. The tabs are simply 1000x easier and more convenient.

I could probably go around the office, gather up all the laptops, and sell them all on Ebay and no one would ever even notice. However if you even move someones iPad all hell breaks loose.

BACK ON TOPIC: That's the same engine I had in my VW bug Frost.

26 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-01, 14:44

Metalzoic wrote:

Then they design it to look like a a throwaway econo-family sedan from the late 80's. Looks-wise it is horrid looking and an embarrassment to the name.

I wouldn't go that far but the 06 with the 6.0 LS2 is an amazing car and i'd really love to own one someday, i actually like the looks because it's pretty much a stock sleeper car no one would really expect to see a corvette engine in that.

View user profile

27 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-01, 15:13

I agree that it is an awesome car.
Disagree on the looks though.

28 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-01, 17:05

Pffft. You disgust me, car nerds.

And Metal, what do you do at work that a tablet is more productive than a laptop? I have a hard time seeing tablets as productivity hardware.

View user profile

29 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-01, 17:09

Ars Diaboli wrote:Pffft. You disgust me, car nerds.

And Metal, what do you do at work that a tablet is more productive than a laptop? I have a hard time seeing tablets as productivity hardware.

He is in Sales I believe

View user profile

30 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-02, 01:26

chunckylover53 wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:

I wouldn't go that far but the 06 with the 6.0 LS2 is an amazing car and i'd really love to own one someday, i actually like the looks because it's pretty much a stock sleeper car no one would really expect to see a corvette engine in that.

iirc dont Tahoe's have corvette engines in them? Tahoe's are sexy. And Suburbans

View user profile

31 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-02, 01:56

I can do my work on a tablet, actually on multiple occasions I already have done so. But if I have to only work on a tablet, I would probably get absolutely annoyed really fast.

32 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-02, 11:03

Khfan60 wrote:
chunckylover53 wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:

iirc dont Tahoe's have corvette engines in  them? Tahoe's are sexy. And Suburbans

They don't but with all that engine bay room i am sure someone could swap one in if they so desired. What you might be confused about is i believe all of chevys V8s are referred to as LS(numbers) the corvette only comes in V8s though i think they made an I6 a long time ago.

View user profile

33 Re: MacBook hack supports Windows on 2014-01-02, 12:31

Ars Diaboli wrote:Pffft. You disgust me, car nerds.

Just normal stuff. Our ordering and sales systems. Email. Our sales tracking websites. Internal search systems. Data entry stuff. Contracts and word/document typing. Printing. Excel files, entry and programs. Calculators. GPS. PDF reference material stuff.

Tablets are smaller and many times more portable and easy to deal with. Put a waterproof case on it and you can toss it into the car or onto your desk without babying it. You can use them outside in rain. They turn on faster, the battery lasts way longer, programs load faster, easier to show clients the screen, faster to switch between different open apps, easy as a phone to take a pic and send it if necessary. you can video conference much easier from anywhere very quickly, small enough to easily use in the passenger seat of a car, you can use it while standing, use it while walking, use it one handed, use it as a writing/table surface, charge it off a cig outlet easily if battery gets low, print wirelessly to whatever printer happens to be nearby easily, easily use it as a gps if you need one etc...

Using a tab for work is hands down faster, easier and more productive. The only thing I can think of that was actually easier on the laptop is having a big keyboard. It is much faster to type on a laptop, but that is drastically outweighed by all the other pros of using a tablet.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum