Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

So I ran that obstacle course mudrun thing Saturday.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Good god I am sore. But it was so worth it though.

Ended up trying to avoid running into Dani, but she ended up running into me an hour before our wave and hung out with me. Even though I barely was speaking. Some of you who are on my friends list on facebook might have seen the picture she made me take, and the forced look of happiness on my face. 

But I ran along side her for the first few minutes. But she is a better runner than me, so she got ahead. But we came to the first obstacle and it was monkey bars. And she was too short to grab them, so she had to do 40 burpees to continue. When I finished the monkey bars she was only at like 10. So I kept running didn't stop to wait at all. Never had to run near her again.

Only failed three obstacles myself though. One was a traverse wall where you had to scale a wall sidwways using just tiny blocks blocks of wood for your feet and hands. The second was this thing called the hercules hoist. Where you had to lift a 125 pound block of concrete 30 feet high in the air using a rope and pulley. I was so tired and it was so cold and muddy I couldn't lift the damn thing out of the mud. And the third was the spear toss.  

So I had to do like 145 burbees total the whole day.

Rest of the course I needed no help doing. I was able to climb the 6 ft, 8 ft, and 10 ft walls all by myself, and did so without using the supports to tiny ass wodden planks for support. I managed to do the 30 foot rope climb surprisingly considering my shoulder and the fact the water was like 34 degrees. So I couldn't feel my hands or grab the rope.

Speaking of cold. The whole race was fucking freezing. Mud and chest high water EVERYWHERE. The first water pit I ran into came up to my neck, and im almost 6'1. The moment I jumped in I nearly started hyperventilating from the cold. And the whole course was moddy and covered in puddles since it rained all morning before my run. And it was windy as fuck so that didn't help.

But good god it was fun as hell. I got nailed super hard during the gladiator pit. Which was the small area before teh finish line. Like 3 huge guys with Pugil sticks try and stop you from reaching the line. 
Earlier that day I was watching them before my heat. And im guessing because it was early in the morning and cold they were just lightly tapping most people and slightly hitting others. So when I came to it I wasn't exxpecting the first guy to nail me in the chest super hard. Which caused me to stop running and stumble backwards. Which he proceeded to start wailing on me more. I managed to push the stick down and run past him and the third guy took a huge swing at my left leg causing it to go numb and me to stumble several feet foward. I stumbled past the third guy who brought the damn thing down super hard on my shoulders causing me to go flying over the finish line.

But it was fun as hell. MNy shoulder is super hurt, and my body aches. But i am beyond glad I went.
Crossing that line was easily one of the best feelings I have had all this shitty wear.

View user profile
Yeah I saw the pic...you did not look pleased.

View user profile
Post it here I hate Facebook Very Happy

View user profile
How the hell did you do this with your arm??

View user profile
Anger,determination and grit my friend.

Also Frost

you can just see the excitement in my face

View user profile
I'm glad you didn't die.

View user profile
Im more interested in the guy in the red shirt behind you

He has the look of a man jacking off into a potato salad

View user profile
There's a lot of words in that first post. Can someone sum it up for me?

View user profile
OK cool. Sounds good, impressive that you did it at all with a broken shoulder. I'm proud of you!
Weird that your balls went numb though because I didn't think you had any.

View user profile
Metalzoic wrote:OK cool. Sounds good, impressive that you did it at all with a broken shoulder. I'm proud of you!
Weird that your balls went numb though because I didn't think you had any.

They said the water was around 34 degrees, and it was like 58 degrees outside, and windy. BUT HAHA

And thanks...I think R?

View user profile
Jesus dude. That sounds cold as shit.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum