Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone ever heard of/made a memory palace?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

This is something Id like to try and do over winter break

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2013/02/07/how-to-memorize-a-shuffled-deck-of-cards-in-less-than-60-seconds/

Its a way of memorizing the order of cards. You assign a different person in your memory to each different card in the deck. As you go through the deck of cards trying to memorize it's order, you place each person in order as if you were walking through your house. Once you finish looking through the deck and placing people in order inside your head, you walk back through your "memory palace", hopefully remembering where you placed everyone. Your brain is better at remembering people as opposed to random numbers and letters. If you can remember the order of the people you walked pass in your head you can remember the order of the cards. kind of complicated but I think I could do it. The world record for memorizing a deck of cards is like 22 seconds. It would be at the very least a funny party trick

View user profile
Yeah, I do similar things with programming code and algorithms to remember them

View user profile
No thanks, fuck that.

View user profile
Used to do this with Gamefaqs peeps and the SeC remember the cards? Very Happy

View user profile
it fried my brain just reading it

View user profile
Frostbyrn ♚ wrote:Used to do this with Gamefaqs peeps and the SeC remember the cards? Very Happy
Haha yeah I do. I was justin Beiber right? And I remember there was some guy called drakebunny

View user profile
Fun fact

Drakebunny was Indian Very Happy

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum