Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

I found the most helpful PC tool ever!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I recently upgraded my build. Now I have three drivers, 1 SSd and 2 HDDs. The smaller, half terabyte hdd had all of my old stuff on it. Folders such as Users, Windows, Program Files and PerfLogs eluded me, I couldn't fucking delete them due to their fucked up permissions.

I found a tool on How-to-Geek that literally just gave the option "Take Ownership" on the windows explorer. Made it all SOOOOOOOOOO much easier. I've now freed up about 300 gb of space.

However, there is one set of ridiculously-long-named files in the AppData of Users that is still resisting me. I have no clue how to remove those.

View user profile
i found that a while ago when I was trying to uninstall something or install something or other. still couldnt get past "actions have been taken to prevent you from installing this"

View user profile
Why not just take everything you need off and then just format the drive? seems like it would be a lot simpler and quicker since I'm guessing you reinstalled the OS on your SSD.

View user profile
HydrasBreath ♜ wrote:Why not just take everything you need off and then just format the drive? seems like it would be a lot simpler and quicker since I'm guessing you reinstalled the OS on your SSD.
this drive has 100+ gigs of movies and music. I'm trying to find a way that wouldn't require moving all that over, but that's an easy second resort.

View user profile
take the drive out, stick a new drive in.

then buy an HDD case to convert your old drive into an external HDD, then move what files you want over to the new drive.

its what my dad did when his laptop died.

View user profile
The Adli Corporation wrote:take the drive out, stick a new drive in.

then buy an HDD case to convert your old drive into an external HDD, then move what files you want over to the new drive.

this is a desktop. I already have the drive in my tower, I'm not taking it out. Moving the files would take just as long externally as internally, that's all I'm trying to avoid.

View user profile
Pariah wrote:

this is a desktop. I already have the drive in my tower, I'm not taking it out. Moving the files would take just as long externally as internally, that's all I'm trying to avoid.
Leave it on overnight and move them...go to bed and it should be done or just abouts by the time you get up.

Then format that bitch.

View user profile
Pariah wrote:

aah, gotcha.

you're fucked then Very Happy

View user profile
An admin account can take permisions without a tool lol.

Plus i'm pretty sure, if you boot up in safe mode, you can do whatever the fuck you want

View user profile
soıpnʇsɹ wrote:An admin account can take permisions without a tool lol.

Plus i'm pretty sure, if you boot up in safe mode, you can do whatever the fuck you want
it can, unless the drive isn't accepting any change of permissions due to the owner being designated as the Administrator account on the previous computer/OS. I'd have to go through a long and circuitous route to do it, this was just a right click and it did it through CMD for me.

View user profile
bleh I'd just leave it on overnight copying the stuff over and format it

View user profile
JrTapia1991 wrote:bleh I'd just leave it on overnight copying the stuff over and format it
Yeah same here...that's the route I would go too.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum