Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

[XB1] Xbox One Owners Are Using Violence to Fix Their Broken Consoles

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Escapist wrote:Smacking your Xbox One could be the key to fixing the console's Blu-ray drive, but we don't recommend it.



A handful of Xbox One owners have been experiencing a problem with the console's Blu-ray drive. When a disk is inserted into the drive, an ugly grinding noise emanates from the system and tears automatically start streaming down the owner's face. Luckily, only a small number of Xboxes have been affected, and Microsoft is replacing the consoles as quickly as possible. However, several users have discovered a fix. Though, like most types of violence, I probably wouldn't recommend it.

On Monday, one YouTube user published a short video in which he hit his broken console several times before powering it up. The unit appeared to be working correctly after applying the "fix," but this technique probably isn't completely reliable. Just because something is working doesn't mean that it's fixed.

The problem is reportedly due to a misaligned gear inside of the drive assembly. However, until Microsoft issues some kind of official statement regarding the cause, all of this is mostly guesswork.

Affected Xbox owners should contact the manufacturer before engaging in fisticuffs with their console. Plus, Microsoft has been compensating players by supplying a complimentary digital copy of Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, or Zoo Tycoon. And, since you don't need a disk drive to play digital titles, you'll have something to do until your new console shows up.
Source

We are going old school in fixing electronics in the new era. LoL


_________________
Parcus Executor Avis de Minor: Labor Lapsus~
View user profile

Guest


Guest
Hahahahahaha

This reminds me I guess Twitch had a massive ban wave after the PS4 was released....

Ah applying some good old percussive maintenance

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Anybody remember the day of blowing into the NES cartridges?

You blew your NES cartridges?

Fucking pervert Very Happy

But nah I remember the 64 cartridges

View user profile
I still sometimes do it on CD.

<_<
>_>

Slide~


_________________
Parcus Executor Avis de Minor: Labor Lapsus~
View user profile

Guest


Guest
We also used to blow into the NES itself as dust caused all kinds of havoc

Blow a CD Storm?

Im a huff and wipe kind of guy Very Happy

View user profile
A few specs of dust on the data surface brings me back memories of cartridge days, and mandates me to do so.


_________________
Parcus Executor Avis de Minor: Labor Lapsus~
View user profile

Guest


Guest
Hahaha

I honestly cant remember the last time I used an actual CD

Wait nvm I use them in the car all the time lol

Guest


Guest
StormEye wrote:A few specs of dust on the data surface brings me back memories of cartridge days, and mandates me to do so.
Yea no doubt. We are old enough to remember those days. Man those old NES's were a real bitch werent they? haha

Affected Xbox owners should contact the manufacturer before engaging in fisticuffs with their console. Plus, Microsoft has been compensating players by supplying a complimentary digital copy of Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, or Zoo Tycoon. And, since you don't need a disk drive to play digital titles, you'll have something to do until your new console shows up.
The hell? I'm calling them back tomorrow to get my free fucking game.


_________________
View user profile

Guest


Guest
Did your disk drive fuck up?

Nope power brick

But Metal demands Satisfaction!

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Dont think you can get a free game unless your disk drive broke lol

Sym wrote:Anybody remember the day of blowing into the NES cartridges?
ah those were the days...or wiggling the cartridge in the slot to find the "sweet spot" so the title screen doesn't come up all glitched out.

Good times.

View user profile
I've had no problems whatsoever.

View user profile
Sym wrote:
StormEye wrote:A few specs of dust on the data surface brings me back memories of cartridge days, and mandates me to do so.
Yea no doubt. We are old enough to remember those days. Man those old NES's were a real bitch werent they? haha
And and your friends could only fix their NES, you fixed only yours. It was common just blow into the game whether it worked right away or not.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
ConciliarFox wrote:
Sym wrote:
StormEye wrote:A few specs of dust on the data surface brings me back memories of cartridge days, and mandates me to do so.
Yea no doubt. We are old enough to remember those days. Man those old NES's were a real bitch werent they? haha
And and your friends could only fix their NES, you fixed only yours. It was common just blow into the game whether it worked right away or not.
No doubt haha

Those were the days

Sym wrote:
ConciliarFox wrote:
Sym wrote:
StormEye wrote:A few specs of dust on the data surface brings me back memories of cartridge days, and mandates me to do so.
Yea no doubt. We are old enough to remember those days. Man those old NES's were a real bitch werent they? haha
And and your friends could only fix their NES, you fixed only yours. It was common just blow into the game whether it worked right away or not.
No doubt haha

Those were the days
My favorite was when it would repeatedly not work and you slowly started pushing the cartridge down harder and harder with each frustrating failed attempt.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
My old NES probably doesn't even work anymore

I think its in my parents garage

I used to keep my NES and SNES at my grandparent's house, but they moved and told me they put it in storage. Only just recently did they tell me that they threw them out a long time ago... I almost bicycle kicked my grandma out the window.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Haha that would piss me off

Those are ancient relics now

My NES still works. Bought new in like 1989. It's a fucking trooper.

View user profile
I need to dig it up from warehouse in Korea.

Wonder if that thing still works. Had minor issues before I stowed it away.


_________________
Parcus Executor Avis de Minor: Labor Lapsus~
View user profile
better not curse at it >_>



View user profile
They bought a freaking NSA camera and put it in their house, what do they expect?

View user profile
My SNES still works no problem. I grew up on that console, and it was the bomb. I didn't get a NES until last year.

Every summer we still do a mandatory play through of super mario world. Nothing better, It's still so much fun.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum