Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone use ENBs in Skyrim?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Anyone use ENBs in Skyrim? on 2013-11-21, 22:09

Is it worth the performance hit or are they pretty much just for taking screenshots and shit?

I'm a little skeptical on installing one (this in particular: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936/?) because it seems a little more difficult to enable/disable than something in the nexus mod manager.

You in fact feel flowing and you truthfully desire to speak. I know the final obsession you wish for to do is remain at the clinic or at residence you want to get out and speak.  Like a Star @ heaven - Giles12
View user profile

2 Re: Anyone use ENBs in Skyrim? on 2013-11-21, 22:12

Have Skyrim but never played it. LoL

But, I did try ENB on FONV.

The thing is, despite doing everything it required me to do. Nothing dramatic happened. I do use a lot of other visual enhancing stuff, so I probably did not notice much difference.

Skyrim might be different, though.

3 Re: Anyone use ENBs in Skyrim? on 2013-11-21, 22:17

Yeah I have a good deal of other mods installed already, still haven't played past the wagon part.

I don't think what I have looks too close to the videos they have on the RealVision ENB. Granted there are still more mods they have on top of it, but still it looks like the ENB is doing a lot.

In my experience any post processing effects seem to have a massive hit so I dunno if it's worth it. My 670 is nice but it can still struggle with it in some games like Farcry 3 and Metro 2033.

You in fact feel flowing and you truthfully desire to speak. I know the final obsession you wish for to do is remain at the clinic or at residence you want to get out and speak.  Like a Star @ heaven - Giles12
View user profile

4 Re: Anyone use ENBs in Skyrim? on 2013-11-21, 22:21

A lot of it in the screenshots seem to do with DOF though. Which might not look as good in motion but makes for amazing screenshots.

Like this for example:

Crazy how taxing making parts of a game blurry can be.

View user profile

5 Re: Anyone use ENBs in Skyrim? on 2013-11-21, 22:37

The problem with ENBs in FONV were that there are LOTS of conflicts with mods that I really enjoyed. Taking screenshots is great and all, but it does not add anything much to the gameplay if I have to disable those mods that I want.

Skyrim might be a slightly different case, but I just can't say for sure.

The performance hit, even on my system (was using Titan at the time, have not tried with 780ti), was too great to justify it being anything playable, especially for regular gaming PCs.

The game in itself is already a mess when it comes to optimization anyway, and ENB surely does not help in this department.

6 Re: Anyone use ENBs in Skyrim? on 2013-11-21, 22:58

Yeah I thought about messing with ENBs too but they seem like more hassle than they are worth. I mean during combat your FPS is going to tank so hard.

I just try and make it look as good as I can with texture and mesh upgrades and some other shit. Lighting and stuff.

View user profile

7 Re: Anyone use ENBs in Skyrim? on 2013-11-21, 23:14

all I ever got for it was the high res texture pack from steam which didn't seem to do much at all lol

View user profile

8 Re: Anyone use ENBs in Skyrim? on 2013-11-21, 23:33

StormEye wrote:The problem with ENBs in FONV were that there are LOTS of conflicts with mods that I really enjoyed. Taking screenshots is great and all, but it does not add anything much to the gameplay if I have to disable those mods that I want.

Skyrim might be a slightly different case, but I just can't say for sure.

The performance hit, even on my system (was using Titan at the time, have not tried with 780ti), was too great to justify it being anything playable, especially for regular gaming PCs.

The game in itself is already a mess when it comes to optimization anyway, and ENB surely does not help in this department.
God damn, it making a Titan struggle doesn't give me a lot of confidence that they're worth it.

I get pretty good performance without but I'm still gonna try and install some more mods. I've got the mesh mod, 2K HD texture mod, climate mod, water mod, some skin mod or some shit, textures for books potions and alcohol, and then some patches and armors and whatnot.

It looks pretty nice, not up to the ENB screenshot standards but nice.

View user profile

9 Re: Anyone use ENBs in Skyrim? on 2013-11-22, 17:27

I downloaded an enhanced lighting mod that makes a gigantic difference on the interiors. Only thing is that the latern mod is pretty much essential alongside it since it makes dungeons a lot darker. Basically removes all of the light that doesn't actually have a source.

Still no performance hits at all whatsoever. Tempted to throw on an ENB and see what happens but I'm a little too lazy.

View user profile

10 Re: Anyone use ENBs in Skyrim? on 2013-11-22, 17:30

I have Skyrim around... I will install it one day, and mod the fuck out of it.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum