Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Sym, Hydra, whomever. Are Over Kill, Kreator, and Warbringer any good?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Never listened to them, heard of 2 of them. But never listened. 

But my plans for tomorrow night fell through, and the three of them are playing near me tomorrow night. 

Figured if they were decent might as well go. Haven't been to a concert in a long time.

View user profile
DOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTT....Kreator and Overkill are legendary thrash bands and Warbringer is also pretty damn good.

You better go to that shit. If you like thrash at all just go.

View user profile
Well I am gonna take that as a Resounding YES. 

Purchasing ticket now.

View user profile
And I just realized that its at the National Grove of Anaheim!!!

SERIOUSLY, Next to the Yost theatre, its my favorite venue to go to for a metal show. 
Only downside is they serve ONLY alcohol. Not even waterbottles or anything. Last show I went to I was standing for almost 4 1/2 hours dying of thirst.

View user profile

LOL how many times have I talked about Kreator one here?

They are my favorite thrash band

Not a fan of Overkill

Warbringer is the shit though

Also watch this

Ha. I don't recall you talking about Kreator at all!
Or I do, but maybe just ignored it haha. 

But yea,  already got my ticket.

View user profile

Kreator is in my top 5 all time, and you know how hard of a list that is to crack

They are also one of the best live bands in the bunch a few minutes of that video. You will like it.

My 5 favorite bands are as follows

Death
Kreator
Meshuggah
Kyuss
Trivium

BTW if you go see Kreator you are a legit metal head

Ha, true that. Knowing you as long as I have, I do understand how hard it is for you to have a band as a top five favorite. 

But damn, now im excited. Forget the fact the girl I was going to hang out with suddenly got "SICK"
I get to go see Metal now!

View user profile
Dropped Da Soap wrote:Only downside is they serve ONLY alcohol. Not even waterbottles or anything. Last show I went to I was standing for almost 4 1/2 hours dying of thirst.
Drink WKD, its practically water anyway Razz

View user profile
Im not 21 R, cant buy booze. And I assume that is what that is.

View user profile

Dropped Da Soap wrote:Ha, true that. Knowing you as long as I have, I do understand how hard it is for you to have a band as a top five favorite. 

But damn, now im excited. Forget the fact the girl I was going to hang out with suddenly got "SICK"
I get to go see Metal now!
When is this show?

They are rolling around here in December. But I saw them last year ( made a topic about it ha a) so Ill probably wait till next album to see them again. Thing is they are German so its rare they come to America every year.

Oh shit

Nice man

Dont really like Over kill, but Ill give you two vids to watch on Kreator and Warbringer to give you a good idea what to expect.

You cant encompass Kreator in one album, much less one song. But both these songs are a pretty good representation of what these bands are about.

Cool man. Now im really excited. 

Last concert I went to was Alice Cooper in like April or something....I acn't remember.

And as much as I loved Alice, and despite his show being the best I have ever seen. I still prefer small, standing only metal shows.

View user profile

Metal shows are the best but Im incredibly biased Very Happy 

We just went and saw Devil Driver and Trivium last week, and that was the first show I went to since Nile.

Who is headlining this tour? Over kill or Kreator?

This is probably one of Overkills most popular songs. It's a pretty rocking tune. I know they have plenty of good ones but I'm actually not that familiar with their catalog. I only really know the first album really well.

View user profile
Hah, she messaged me back saying now she feels better. 

Well....eh....metal...>_>

View user profile
Dropped Da Soap wrote:Hah, she messaged me back saying now she feels better. 

Well....eh....metal...>_>
she'll be there when you get back. This is a once and a lifetime opportunity to see some legendary thrash bands.

You better go!

View user profile
Oh im not missing this. I already bought the ticket! 

Might convince her to go with, as she has never really listened to Metal and has never even been to a single concert for any genre.

View user profile
wow, what a first show to go to lol

View user profile
BmmFlash wrote:wow, what a first show to go to lol
Yeah that would be pretty epic for a first show.

View user profile
Overkill...meh
Kreator...like the old stuff, haven't really listened to newer.
Warbringer...from what I've heard good.

Just fucking go, Soap. You got something better to do than mosh, mofo?

View user profile

Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:Overkill...meh

Yea I agree on Overkill

New Kreator is practically just as good as old haha

Sym wrote:
Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:Overkill...meh

Yea I agree on Overkill

New Kreator is practically just as good as old haha
I find that hard to believe with any band that's been around that long...

View user profile

Kreator is an exception

With that said Extreme Aggression(89) is still my favorite Kreator album

Hah Greg, im still going. But doubt I will mosh

View user profile

I used to mosh when I was younger

I have been in a few. But with the shoulder, I don't think its the greatest idea right now.

View user profile
Dropped Da Soap wrote:I have been in a few. But with the shoulder, I don't think its the greatest idea right now.
Pfff worrying about your personal safety and health is so not metal...you disappoint me soap. Have we taught you nothing in the ways of metal?

Razz 

View user profile
Well, I did go to a local Thrash/Hardcore concert a few weeks ago with like 8 local bands. Did get in a mosh or two....
Who knows!?!

View user profile
Ticket Master is being an ass and crashing. So im heading out, picking up my pain prescription then driving there and buying from the venue

Will let you guys know how awesome it is later

View user profile
Dropped Da Soap wrote:Well, I did go to a local Thrash/Hardcore concert a few weeks ago with like 8 local bands. Did get in a mosh or two....
Who knows!?!
Atta boy! haha and I was just fucking with you man. No need to mess yourself up more.

I'm starting to get too old to mosh. Just loading gear back and forth and playing a show and doing some headbanging is starting to just wreck me.

View user profile

I am to old to mosh for the most part

I just sit back and watch bands play and haeadbang

Ugh, had a blast. Feel so fuckinf sore. Deets in the morn

View user profile
Oh god, as much fun as it was, I regret being in the pit about 80% of the night.

Welts up an down both arms, bruises all along my ribs and kidneys, and a severely sprained right wrist

View user profile
Actually, starting to debate on whether the wrist is sprained or broken....

View user profile

If it was broke you would know

Sym wrote:If it was broke you would know
Guys had a fucked shoulder for long enough, hes prolly just used to the pain to tell if his wrist is broke or not.

Although, I agree if it was a broken wrist you WOULD KNOW. Maybe fractured at the worst lol

Besides, I had a broken rib for like 3 months before I realised how bad it was, when it cracked outta place. It was sorta ok when the bone was stright, but holy shit when it moved, that hurt like a bitch

View user profile

Kreator was awesome right?

FUCK YES!

Still regret being in the pit the whole night, but damn it was fun

View user profile

Word

Kreator is amazing live

That they are. Had an absolute blast. 

All three bands put on an amazing show. Warbringer only played for like 45 minutes. Overkill a good hour, and Kreator about an hour 45

View user profile

Did they bust out the Flag of Hate?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum