Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

So as weird as this topic might be, I am tired of the way I dress. But need help improving.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

So men of the SeC(and few women)I come to thee for aid. 

I am kinda tired of my usual attire, no matter how much I love it, and how comfortable it might be. All I ever wear is blue jeans, a black band shirt, and black converse. 

I don't exactly know how to dress up better other than wearing a suit, and im not about to do that every damn day.

Just looking for tips on on cheap clothing options.

View user profile
So instead of a Black Kamelot shirt, I should buy a white or red Kamelot shirt?

God im so enlightened.

View user profile

Well I wear cargo pants, basketball shorts, track pants and sweat pants

T shirts, sleeveless shirts, long sleeve shirts and hoodies

All various shades of blue, black or grey

Im probably not much help lol

Work Pants,Board Shorts, Jeans Very Happy

T Shirts Mostly Black,Navy,Grey but I also have some White ones and Lime Green

Got a couple of long sleeve shirts

Some dress shirts

Also sweatpants Sym? do you actually use them when you work out or are you on your period

View user profile

Fuck wearing sweats while working out

I wear them around the house

People in America own sweat pants haha

Lime Green?

I stick almost exclusively to corduroy pants, though lately I've been mixing in some dark jeans. Either graphic or band tees, but 99% of the time I wear a sweatshirt, usually a plain hoodie but lately a lot of crewnecks of bands and stuff. I like to finish the look off with a beanie, and skate shoes or non-athletic shoes.

View user profile
Sym wrote:

People in America own sweat pants haha

And lots of them

View user profile
Yep Very Happy

Also forgot Maroon probably my fave shirt that one Very Happy

View user profile
I did start wearing button up shirts the other day. Wear a black or white shirt beneath, leave all but the top button buttoned, and roll the sleeves up to the elbow. I thought I looked pretty damn fab if I might say so. Even got hit on by a cute clerk at a grocery store. Of course I didn't realize that was what happened until I got in my truck and on the road......

View user profile

AH yea I also wear a beanie just about everywhere I go when its not summer

i always wear khakis, a plain collared t-shirt, and my nike shox. 

Only thing you need to worry about is make sure your clothes fit, and have some contrast.

View user profile

I sport a strange mixture of athletic/metal/casual

Tis not the clothes on the man, but the man in the clothes. First you must love yourself, sir. After that, if you're not big into fashion or dressing "nice" I have a few simple and general tips:

1. Wear different colors. I love black and is without question the color I wear the most, but you have to switch it up.

2. Match. Your colors and general style should compliment each other across all parts of your outfit. Look in the damn mirror and try to imagine what you look like from someone else's perspective. (not to say you should change yourself to impress people, but yeah...)

3. Make sure your clothes are the right size. Don't walk around in a shirt that's 2 sizes too small or big. Your clothes should be fitted, but not tight.

4. Accessorize. Makes you sound like a bitch, but add something to your outfit. It can be anything, even a simple bracelet you like, a watch, anything.

I am currently about to run out the house due to an emergency, but that should hold you for a little bit lol. I may return with more simple tips.

Another quick tip before I go: Just be confident. It goes a very long way. As long as YOU feel good in what you wear, other people will pick up the vibe. You can wear sweatpants and a boot on your head if you feel like it. Rock that shit.

Last edited by Shinma on 2013-11-12, 17:12; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
yeah Ante, I have been wearing clothes that fit me more than I used to. Started wearing pants that didn't require a belt, and I wear meduim shirts now instead of large.

View user profile
I probably won't be much help either.

All I wear is jeans, except during summer, when I wear cut cargo pants.

Plenty of band t-shirts and hoodies/longsleeves. In fact, often when wearing blank long sleeve shirts or sweaters, I wear a band t-shirt on top.

Wallet chain down to my knee.

Yep, that's me.

View user profile
I wear hoodies, t-shirts, sweaters and either blue or black jeans. They are from various places, but mostly Express, so I can't help with the cheap part. Just find a design or something on a shirt you like, then check out other clothes by that brand/company.

View user profile
Frostbyrn wrote:
Also sweatpants Sym? do you actually use them when you work out or are you on your period
Other countries don't use sweat pants to keep warm? How else am i supposed to sleep in winter nights?

View user profile
I always sleep in my underwear regardless of weather sometimes I just add more blankets if im cold

View user profile
I wear sweatpants as pyjamas or when playin soccer or some shit.

View user profile

Now we know that NZ is anti sweat pants

Unless you are Overweight or from the Ghetto Very Happy

View user profile
I haven't worn sweatpants in years...

View user profile
You here that

Soap is classier than you are Very Happy

View user profile
Sym wrote:AH yea I also wear a beanie just about everywhere I go when its not summer
It's the only way. Especially after you wear it for just a bit, then you get bad hat head and you're forced into wearing it all day long Rolling Eyes 

View user profile
This may give you some ideas of what to look for or just ideas on what you think you may like. Most of it is pretty basic...some of it is actually pretty ugh...and this is going to sound like the most cliched bit of fashion advice, but its all in how to pair everything up.

But really the only way you're going to know what you like is going in and trying stuff on. You could look at something and think its not you, put it on and you're amazed.

Not to mention, depending on where you go, I'm sure any female clerk will gladly help you find things that look good on you.

ETA: I'm tempted to put together outfits...Sym won't let me do that.

View user profile
MissSym wrote:
Not to mention, depending on where you go, I'm sure any female clerk will gladly help you find things that look good on you.
this is a good idea. Find a cute clerk at some mall, have her help you. She gets to not do a bunch of boring work shit, and you get to have help. Win win.

View user profile
Put together Outfits for Sym or Soap?

View user profile
Soap.

The day Sym lets me put him in an outfit of my choosing, I may just die.

View user profile
Those long sleeve button ups are very versatile. Buttoned up and sleeves down, business casual. Unbuttoned and rolled sleeves, the opposite.

Converse are fine for the most part, but getting some shoes that look formal/for work (or at least are not sportswear) could help. Maybe a jacket too? Don't know though, that's just me speaking considering my location. Lots of rain and snow sometimes.

View user profile
I want Sym to let you buy him an Outfit and post the results Very Happy

View user profile
Frostbyrn wrote:I want Sym to let you buy him an Outfit and post the results Very Happy
Haha, yeah right!

View user profile
H&M has nice stuff that isn't horribly expensive. Pac-Sun and Express are nicer but way pricier.

The most important things are how well your clothes fit and contrast, as everyone else has said, as well as how you carry yourself, but that's a whole 'nother ball game.

View user profile
Personally I like Zumiez, but they sell mostly Diamond which is hella expensive.

View user profile
Pariah wrote:
MissSym wrote:
this is a good idea. Find a cute clerk at some mall, have her help you. She gets to not do a bunch of boring work shit, and you get to have help. Win win.
That is exactly how I do it. Enter trendy store. Find hot worker chick. Tell her to start dressing me.

They will oversell you the world, but you will look good when you're done.

View user profile
It's dangerous. They will tell you that you look good in everything just to sell it to you. You still have to pick and choose what you feel good in, but at least you know what you do get makes you look good.

Just don't cave and buy everything they tell you is great.

Regular-fit jeans or khakis

Skate shoes

BmmFlash wrote:Personally I like Zumiez, but they sell mostly Diamond which is hella expensive.
Don't wear Diamond, only Swag-***s wear Diamond

View user profile
Khfan60 wrote:Flannel/graphic tee/Hawaiian shirt
Zip up hoodie if its cold and a Northface if its really cold

Regular-fit jeans or khakis

Skate shoes

BmmFlash wrote:Personally I like Zumiez, but they sell mostly Diamond which is hella expensive.
Don't wear Diamond, only Swag-***s wear Diamond
That's the other reason why I don't wear Diamond.

View user profile
Well regardless of the suggestions you guys give for shoes, I aint wearning nothing but Converse. Only shoes I feel comfy in Smile That and my slick black converse are sleek as hell.

View user profile
probably those button up shirts, the ones where you roll up the sleeves also

I'm no help,I get whatever looks cool like skull shirts at walmart and skate shoes,lol. And ever so slightly baggy jeans

View user profile

The only button up shirts I wear are Dickies

Soap Im gonna punch you in the shoulder

Your mom wants to punch me in shoulder.

View user profile
Goddamit Soap stop insulting the town bicycle

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum