Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

[BF4] Ugh...fucking netcode I swear.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Had a guy, no more than 25m away from me, completely unaware I was there. Using a suppressed RFB I plugged him with at least 5-8 rounds. Not a single one registered, had a weird recoil effect go on where the muzzle was pushed down instead of up. Pull out my pistol to kill him, he walks 3ft and proceeds to own me with his ACW-R

It's been really bad tonight, makes trying to snipe anything or use any kind of precision weapon an exercise in frustration. Especially guns with low rate of fire where every round counts.

I seriously can't wait for DICE to fix this, because this is game breaking.

View user profile
Who handles Netcode?

Seems like a programmer thing

Mind you it is net so networkers?

Maybe even web monkeys Very Happy

nah im 98% sure its those shirt in pants programmers

View user profile
Actually, Frost, it's a rare breed of network programmers. What you could be if you liked programming, or I could be if I didn't hate networking.

So yeah. Pants in head programmers.

View user profile
How did they get pants inside their heads?
It would be much easier to just put the pants on their heads instead.

Haha

yea the hit detection is bullshit and pisses me off

View user profile
I have video of exactly that, I'll see if I can edit it and post it. I was sitting there scratching my head going WTF? Other times I was shot THROUGH the cement walls on paracel storm.

View user profile
Artimise Flare wrote:I have video of exactly that, I'll see if I can edit it and post it. I was sitting there scratching my head going WTF? Other times I was shot THROUGH the cement walls on paracel storm.
It's not that you're getting shot through the walls...it's that on your screen you're behind a wall but on their screen you're not.

It's a de-sync issue basically. It is caused by the crap netcode though.

View user profile
Hit detection has been off the last day or so in BF3(on 360) also. I shot a guy with the 44 magnum from maybe 30 feet away with 12 rounds before it finally registered a hit, and I wasn't suppressed any so there shouldn't have been any random bullet deviation. Also been noticing a lot of it not registering hits with shotguns...which sucks because that's all I have left to unlock stuff on. BTW the USAS is completely useless now on BF3...or at least I can't seem to get any decent gameplay with it. My last match with it I went 12-5 total, but I had 1 44mag kill and 7 c4 kills, only 4 with the USAS.

View user profile

They need to at least bring it back to BF3 level netcode, which I thought overall was decent. EA must have really rushed this out.....I don't see how a sequel's netcode could be worse than the game before it. Honestly it's BF3 with new guns and new particle effects,and obviously new maps.

Yesterday on Zavod 311 I hit a guy with every round out of the MK11 and he turns around and insta kills me with the p226, he had 1% health left Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

On Zavod 311, I'm going to test this out, but yesterday a guy kept killing me and I'd shoot at him but no hitmarker....not on the very rooftop,but the first roof you climb via ladder, if you shoot out the glass/white panels, there's a glitch where you can shoot the enemy, but if they shoot you,even though you're plain out in the open, it'll act like it's hitting the metal beams of the building.

pretty much like in BF3 where enemies on their screen are pointed right at you, but on yours, they're extremely low to the ground prone, or even their bodies halfway through the ground.

Battlefield friends should do a video on the bad netcode ;-;

Last edited by JrTapia1991 on 2013-11-13, 16:47; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Bama Psycho wrote:Hit detection has been off the last day or so in BF3(on 360) also. I shot a guy with the 44 magnum from maybe 30 feet away with 12 rounds before it finally registered a hit, and I wasn't suppressed any so there shouldn't have been any random bullet deviation. Also been noticing a lot of it not registering hits with shotguns...which sucks because that's all I have left to unlock stuff on. BTW the USAS is completely useless now on BF3...or at least I can't seem to get any decent gameplay with it. My last match with it I went 12-5 total, but I had 1 44mag kill and 7 c4 kills, only 4 with the USAS.
Weird. I haven't been having any issues like that myself. There must be something weird going on for you though because the USAS is practically a nuke launcher.

The maps it's on I always try to pick it up, you just have to remember not to be to close to them because the explosion radius from the frags will kill you as well.

The normal shotguns are monsters too, although I did do pretty bad with the HAwk12g yesterday. I haven't even unlocked the .44 yet.

View user profile
Last few days, hit reg has been good for me. Sometimes my hitmarkers stop showing up which is disorienting, but the 7 fucking server updates they've sent out seem to have helped the netcode finally.

View user profile

Honestly the net code seemed ok to me when I could play

Sym wrote:Honestly the net code seemed ok to me when I could play
There's some pretty glaring shit that happens, especially with vehicles. I was pounding a tank with the LAV cannon a couple days ago and out of the entire magazine, only the last 3 shots gave me hitmarkers. I've had TOW missiles not register too. Not happening nearly as much anymore though.

View user profile

Yea ive seen the videos of it happening online, it looks pretty bad at times

But then again Ive only played like a few hours so I havent even played every map yet

Metalzoic wrote:
Bama Psycho wrote:Hit detection has been off the last day or so in BF3(on 360) also. I shot a guy with the 44 magnum from maybe 30 feet away with 12 rounds before it finally registered a hit, and I wasn't suppressed any so there shouldn't have been any random bullet deviation. Also been noticing a lot of it not registering hits with shotguns...which sucks because that's all I have left to unlock stuff on. BTW the USAS is completely useless now on BF3...or at least I can't seem to get any decent gameplay with it. My last match with it I went 12-5 total, but I had 1 44mag kill and 7 c4 kills, only 4 with the USAS.
Weird. I haven't been having any issues like that myself. There must be something weird going on for you though because the USAS is practically a nuke launcher.

The maps it's on I always try to pick it up, you just have to remember not to be to close to them because the explosion radius from the frags will kill you as well.

The normal shotguns are monsters too, although I did do pretty bad with the HAwk12g yesterday. I haven't even unlocked the .44 yet.
I was talking about the USAS on BF3 being useless, not the pickup one on BF4. I'm still waiting for the X1 version to come out before I play BF4. I've tried just about every combination of attachments on it that I have unlocked and I just can't get consistent gameplay out of it. One of my IRL friends I was in a squad with last night was talking about it lagging and hit detection being off for him too.

View user profile
extended mags, slugs, and kobra for the usas is what I would use Razz

View user profile
Ante wrote:
Sym wrote:Honestly the net code seemed ok to me when I could play
There's some pretty glaring shit that happens, especially with vehicles. I was pounding a tank with the LAV cannon a couple days ago and out of the entire magazine, only the last 3 shots gave me hitmarkers. I've had TOW missiles not register too. Not happening nearly as much anymore though.
Yeah I've hit helos with a tank shell. You hear the sound and see the shell pop against the helo but they just keep trucking as if nothing happened.

It's so infuriating.

View user profile
JrTapia1991 wrote:extended mags, slugs, and kobra for the usas is what I would use Razz
I'll try that out, I think what I've used the last few matches was laser sight(for better hipfire), flechette and kobra, before that I think it was buckshot, extended mags, and kobra...with both of those loadouts I was trying to keep it to really short range encounters.

View user profile
Bama Psycho wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:

I was talking about the USAS on BF3 being useless, not the pickup one on BF4. I'm still waiting for the X1 version to come out before I play BF4. I've tried just about every combination of attachments on it that I have unlocked and I just can't get consistent gameplay out of it. One of my IRL friends I was in a squad with last night was talking about it lagging and hit detection being off for him too.
Ha!
I totally missed that you were talking about BF3 and not 4. No wonder None of what you said matched my experience.

You sure won't have that issue with the USAS in BF4.
The very first time I picked it up I shot down a fucking Scout helicopter with it... with ease. I laughed and laughed and laughed and I've loved it since!

Ante wrote:Last few days, hit reg has been good for me. Sometimes my hitmarkers stop showing up which is disorienting, but the 7 fucking server updates they've sent out seem to have helped the netcode finally.
The hitmarker thing has happened to me on 360 also. You are still doing damage though, you just don't get any positive feedback.

Honestly I think the game would be better with out the hitmarkers at all. They really don't make any sense.

Ante wrote:Last few days, hit reg has been good for me. Sometimes my hitmarkers stop showing up which is disorienting, but the 7 fucking server updates they've sent out seem to have helped the netcode finally.
The hitmarker thing has happened to me on 360 also. You are still doing damage though, you just don't get any positive feedback.

Honestly I think the game would be better with out the hitmarkers at all. They really don't make any sense.
between the mag pool thing and this, you should really just play hardcore.

View user profile
I hate hardcore since there's no hitmarkers...lol. I swear on one map a few days ago on hardcore we had the minimap as rush defenders, and I was getting hit markers, but it was for sure hardcore, it switched to attackers and no more minimap...must be a server setting

View user profile
A fine example of the craptacular netcode at work.

View user profile

Nice

Ante wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:

between the mag pool thing and this, you should really just play hardcore.
Nah, Hardcore is dumb.
I don't mind hitmarkers at all, I just wouldn't care if they were removed.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum