Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
Due to Bots, Database and Security issues, weve temporarily moved to www.speakeasyclinic.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

[BF4] Meh, I'm not fond of the M40A5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

If it is indeed true that the bullet velocity is lower than that of the CS-LR4, then I don't see the point in using it to be honest. I have a much easier time getting kills with the starter bolt action than the M40A5.

Could be due to the higher zoom still throwing me off, but so far, for roughly the same time of using it, I barely have half of the kills that I have with the CS-LR4.

View user profile
There are some really odd weapon stat choices in BF4. Well, not like its the first time, but its just crazy this time around.

Giving lower optics in CS should mean its intended for closer range, thus not needing as much velocity as higher optics given to M40.

Who are they listening to when they are making balancing decisions...

Giving lower optics in CS should mean its intended for closer range, thus not needing as much velocity as higher optics given to M40.

Who are they listening to when they are making balancing decisions...
The "fanbase" of course (Namely the ones crying nerf "x" because I got killed by it, therefore it's OP BAAAAAAAAAW!)

View user profile
Getting better with it, though the enemy team was getting stomped pretty hard, so I can't say this is my average performance with it.

Scope memorization seems to be a huge thing with it, chances are I'm still adjusting to reading milidots as opposed to the single line that is used on the CS-LR4.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/396196395263509760/255002912/

View user profile
If I were you, I would not use M40 in long range engagements.

Its ROF is better than CS, so its probably a better 4X BA.

Haven't had any deep analysis on complete BA sets, but seems like M40 has best ROF while keeping OHK distance and damage over distance. Scout has best ROF and velocity among similar damaging BAs, but its minimum damage is real low (three shot kill at distance) so ROF does not benefit too much after mid distance unless you can always headshot.

I'll probably switch over to M98B once that becomes available, but CS seems to be best one until then in terms of traditional BA position.

View user profile
yeah that's what always screwed me up, when I do manage to hit them with a bolt action, it's just a hit marker lol. I used the m98b pretty well in bf3 with a 3.5x scope...probably going to grind out on deathmatch to get the SKS, I wanna see how it is in this game

View user profile
Hit detection appears to be greatly improved with the DMR's (when the server isn't lagging) since the beta. I've not used them all that much, but I've been thoroughly owned by them on a few occassions. They won't beat a carbine in CQC, but it's perfect for aggressive Recon gameplay where you have a mix of medium-short to long range fights (Siege of Shanhai, the resort map and Zahvod 311 come to mind here)

I'll likely be running around with this or a carbine when y'all are online. Right now however, I'm trying to unlock the ammo box on support, since we always seem to be in chronic need of ammo.

View user profile
I'm having much more difficulty with DMR than the BA, which is completely opposite of what it used to be back in beta.

I think the lack of optics in the initial unlock is screwing me up. The distant engagements are lost to BA, and trying to keep mid distance without an optic on it gets me murdered by spray and pray LMG or ARs.

Unlocking MK11 might help a lot since its iron is WAY better than this POC iron on RFB (or at least 4X on RFB).

Long range egangements will get you owned of course, but I typically just provide cover fire for my squad for the most part. Sometimes I play hyper aggressively, but that's only when I got a crap ton of back up to keep the enemy busy as I pick them off.

View user profile
the iron on the RFB I hate, it's just a line, on the MK11 they're the m16 style sights

View user profile
RFB iron is a fat solid stick and MK11 has a narrowing tip with illumination at the end iirc.

Anyway, just unlocked 4X on RFB, and jar~ it was the stupid iron on it that was giving me headaches.

Now its all good. The problem I will be facing soon is whether I should switch over to MK11 to get 4X or not. LoL

Its only 10 kills (well it was hellava long 10 kills on RFB), but... jar~~~

View user profile
I think the distance that you use DMR and I use DMR differ quite a bit.

For me, the distance that RDS is better can be covered by canted iron. I mean, the reason why I use DMR is to cover ranges between BA distance and AR distance, while being able to have higher chance in emergency cqc situation.

Then again, my play style has shifted from being extremely reserved and cautious to a much more aggressive style to try and keep pace with the rest of my squad.

I wonder if putting a sound suppressor on the DMR's will hinder them at all. According to what you said in another thread, the sound suppressor doesn't really hurt them as much as they did back
In BF3.

I wonder if that was intentional or not.

View user profile
I wonder if there's any difference at all between the suppressors, maybe it's just different names

View user profile
Wouldn't it be easier for you to just run around with Carbine instead?

Carbine's stats seem to be better than ARs in aggressive play situations.

Silencers are all SAME. Only difference is in-game model.

@storm I don't have them unlocked yet lol. The round I unlocked them crashed and I didn't get credit. I was so mad I didn't bother playing the kit for a while.

Dunno, i posted how I play with them during beta in a different thread, but for me, I always liked the x3.4 for a nice hybrid between the two.
May not be necessary with the canted irons though.

View user profile
If you add laser for hip fire, you cannot add canted iron. So I presume you probably will not use canted sight, as you probably will add laser for cqc.

I dunno. I probably will go with canted. But if the laser reduces DMR's hip fire radius by a lot, then I might have to do some thinking.

View user profile
Almost to Scout Elite for BA, and working towards MK11.

SV-98 has more than 50% more drop than CS or M40. It has SLIGHTLY better hip fire than M40, so its even more close range BA than M40.

Scout Elite has same drop, but it has faster travel time, so it can be an alternative to those that have hard time leading the target, but are used to drop adjustment.

At the moment, for me, there really is no reason to use anything other than CS until M98B is unlocked.

I actually scored my longest headshot so far with the m40 at about 357m last night. (The guy was an idiot and just say in the same spot).

I honestly can't wait to get the range finder. It'll make dialing in long range shots quicker than having to range them with the PLD and then fire.

View user profile
CS      500
M40    480
Scout  620
SV-98  520

So... jar~

View user profile
I actually never made use of zeroing feature since the launch.

Never had a chance to shoot that far that my guesstimate could not cover it, and I had to shoot targets of all ranges.

I'll probably use it in situation just like you have mentioned (facing idiots. LoL).

The issue is, that's not always the case. The problem we frequently face is that the farther away, the greater chance that the target will move in unexpected ways (since the fight is always shifting)

I'm preaching to the choir of course. I find that staying within 100-300m to be the ideal range of engagement.

View user profile
How does the bonus marksman score work? Whats the distance it start from? I forgot a lot of things since BF3. LoL

View user profile
Mrgh, the SV98 is indeed a bit difficult to use. The bullet flies so damn slow Sad

View user profile
You mean the drop is too much.

The speed is actually faster than CS. At least on stats page.

No, it just feels off, to me it feels very slow when compared to the CS. Then again, I literally ran my first match with it, and I'm jumping from a x8 down to a x7, so maybe I'm re-adjusting to the difference in judging lead time.

Didn't do too bad I guess, 11 kills with it so far (missed an awful lot). I should just stick with one rifle and master it to be honest, but me being me, it's like xmas day, I HAVE to test out my new toy Razz

View user profile
Knowing the weapon stats, I will not use SV-98, unless I am going to be putting on 4X. Then again, to do so I would have to use it to get kills...

But M40 probably is better choice anyway, as 50%+ more drop on SV98 could ruin mid distance headshot with 4X, opposed to M40 basically not needing any adjustment.

It takes some getting used to, but it's not bad. the x7 suits it pretty well, I would not go any higher personally, the x6 may actually be even better to be honest considering the optimum engagement range that this particular rifle is good at. I'll have to screw around with it some more and see.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/396404730712489600/255002912/

View user profile
Wouldn't you have done better with CS or M40?

The improvements on it is so minor compared to its huge flaw, at BA range that is.

Interestingly enough, I adapted to the SV98 in 1/4th the time it took me to get used to the M40A5. Odd isn't it?

Not claiming to be some godly sniper or what have you, but lately I've noticed I've been getting much quicker at lining up shots and so on. I never did this well back in BF3.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum