New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lots of new albums coming out this year

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

HydrasBreath wrote:
Sym wrote:Yes this morning before school
Is it good? I just heard 2 songs of it when they were streaming a preview a little while back. Those 2 tunes seemed pretty solid.
I like it alot

Ok so my final review on Vengeance Falls by Trivium is as follows

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING

Its not Shogun, but my god. Wow. What a great record for all metal fans.

If you like some melody in your metal, but ALSO and most importantly appreciate the heavier elements of metal, this is the album for you.

Listen to it more than 5 times . Trust me. Its an instant classic.

The musicianship of Trivium has reached a pinnacle, which is saying alot after Shogun, but this is the best album from a technical perspective yet. Just amazing. Corey is the most under rated guitarist in metal.

Sym wrote:Ok so my final review on Vengeance Falls by Trivium is as follows

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING

Its not Shogun, but my god. Wow. What a great record for all metal fans.

If you like some melody in your metal, but ALSO and most importantly appreciate the heavier elements of metal, this is the album for you.

Listen to it more than 5 times . Trust me. Its an instant classic.

The musicianship of Trivium has reached a pinnacle, which is saying alot after Shogun, but this is the best album from a technical perspective yet. Just amazing. Corey is the most under rated guitarist in metal.
I'll have to check this one out too.

View user profile

Yea its one of those albums that takes a few listens to really sink in

Well I liked that one tune you posted off the new album...I think it was in this thread.

View user profile

The second half of the album is pretty damn good

So I'm listening to the new Death Angel...man this really kicks ass.

The new Skeletonwitch drops the same day as BF4 as well. That's another good one I've been looking forward to.

View user profile

I like Skeletonwitch too

So far there have been lots of good albums that I like released

So far I like them like this

Trivium= Carcass > Revocation > Death Angel >Autopsy > Vista Chino > Sabbath > Megadeth

Shit there is a few more that I cannot remember

Sym wrote:So far there have been lots of good albums that I like released

So far I like them like this

Trivium= Carcass > Revocation > Death Angel >Autopsy > Vista Chino > Sabbath > Megadeth

Shit there is a few more that I cannot remember
The new Megadeth was fucking garbage...I did not like it one bit.

I spin the new Carcass quite frequently and the new Dream Theater is also amazing and in frequent rotation. Now I can add Death Angel to that list.

I'm going to give the new Trivium a listen next.

View user profile

The new Trivium is great if your a fan, not gonna change your mind if your not ha

Sym wrote:The new Trivium is great if your a fan, not gonna change your mind if your not ha
I used to be a big fan in the Ember and Ascendancy days. I just kinda stopped listening to them after that. I was more into prog rock and learning and playing that rather than metal when I stopped listening to them.

There was a year or two there where I didn't really play any metal at all. Then I met a guy at University and we started a thrashy type band and that rekindled my love of metal again and I haven't stopped playing and listening since.

Trivium is a band that I just never got back into really. I know they are pretty good so I'll give the new one a shot. I'm sure I'll dig it.

View user profile
I haven't heard of any of them LMAO

View user profile

As Ive stated before Im a huge Trivium fan.

I like them so much because they have every element of good metal to personally in there music, and usually every song.

THey have matured alot, and now the songwriting is much much better.

I would rank thier albums accordingly

Shogun >>>>>> Vengeance Falls>>> Accendensy > In Waves > Ember to Inferno >>>>> The Crusade

Shogun is easily the best imo and I dont know if they will ever top it. The Crusade is easily my least favorite. Vengeance Falls has some of the best songs though imo. And it might be their deepest album once you listen to it a bunch of times.

Last edited by Sym on 2013-10-16, 20:37; edited 1 time in total

RStudios wrote:I haven't heard of any of them LMAO
You never heard of Megadeth?

confused 

Oh megadeath i have lol, was that even in the first post? I didnt read the whole thread haha

View user profile

Ah word

Sym wrote:Ah word

Yeah I dig that tune. I'm going to go listen to that album once I'm done playing bass.

View user profile

Make you have the Special Edition

It has 13 tracks

The standard issue only has ten for whatever the fuck reason I dont know

Sym wrote:Make you have the Special Edition

It has 13 tracks

The standard issue only has ten for whatever the fuck reason I dont know
Yeah I got the deluxe edition or whatever. It's probably some bullshit iTunes exclusive version or some shit...I fucking hate that crap.

View user profile

No its strange

I orderd the package deal from the web site, which came with both the physical copy and the digital copy.

The physical copy only has ten tracks, whereas the digital copy has 13. I dunno wtf they would do this. Two of those three songs are some of the best on the album.

Sym wrote:No its strange

I orderd the package deal from the web site, which came with both the physical copy and the digital copy.

The physical copy only has ten tracks, whereas the digital copy has 13. I dunno wtf they would do this. Two of those three songs are some of the best on the album.
hmm...that is weird. Maybe it ran too long as 13 songs so they only give you those for a digital download? I don't know that does seem really messed up.

View user profile

Sucks for the people who would buy this from a retailer not knowing. Would feel kinda ripped off.

The funny thing is without those final 3 songs ( well 2 as 1 is a misfits cover ) the album isnt as good. Those final 3 or 4 songs really cement it imo. Seems doing themselves a dis service by doing that.

I bought the new trivium album, then i was listening to shogun the other day and was like.. I gotta have this one too.

View user profile

Shogun is a masterpiece

Good choice

Gil did you get the SE like I was talking about?

I didn't because i wanted a physical copy, should've just bought some CDs to burn it onto like you said because it seems like they've been doing this with a lot of stuff.

I've heard the extra stuff tho and it's pretty great.

View user profile

Rockin! 

You should torrent the songs you're missing. I just finished listening to the trivium album. Really solid album. I think I prefer the Death Angel album over this. Good none the less though.

View user profile
Autopsy is awesome.

Vista Chino is good from one listening and Carcass isn't bad, but imo not real Carcass.

Megadeth are still releasing albums? Megadeth sells, but who's buyin? lol

Everything else, meh...

View user profile
Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:Autopsy is awesome.

Vista Chino is good from one listening and Carcass isn't bad, but imo not real Carcass.

Megadeth are still releasing albums? Megadeth sells, but who's buyin? lol

Everything else, meh...
Yeah the most recent Megadeth is like Risk era bad...It barely qualifies as metal from the couple songs I listened to.

Not thrashy at all. And one of the songs has a banjo in it...it's weird.

View user profile
Guess who just bought Nine Inch Nails tickets for this Saturday and is more excited than a school girl getting to meet Justin Beiber?!

Oh yeah, I went there!

View user profile
You went to see Justin Bieber dressed up as a school girl?

View user profile
Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:You went to see Justin Bieber dressed up as a school girl?
I swear it was just that one time.

View user profile

How is Surgical Steel not Carcass?

Captain Pirate Pineapple wrote:Guess who just bought Nine Inch Nails tickets for this Saturday and is more excited than a school girl getting to meet Justin Beiber?!

Oh yeah, I went there!
I would go see NIN

Also Greg, your hate of most thrash makes me sad

Sad 

Carcass are Carcass light after Necrotisicm, and even on that at times they were pushing it.

I don't hate thrash.

View user profile

To each their own

Just because Carcass's sound evolved doesn't make it Carcass lite to me.

I prefer the death metal Carcass over the grind Carcass anyhow. Always have. The only album I wasn't crazy about was Swansong.

Which types of thrash do you like? Seems most of the time I post some you say meh. haha. I listen to quite a variety of thrash so its rather surprising to me. I listen to all thrash for the most part, classic, new, pseudo etc

But there are lots of thrash bands I do not like....for instance Vektor. Meh.

A great modern day thrash band is Warbringer

I like later Carcass better too except Swansong...I didn't care for that one much. I like Vektor a bunch too.

View user profile

I try not to limit myself much but one sub genre I dont care much for is black metal.

Meh I think it mostly sucks

There are a few exceptions like Bathory or Emperor.

Also I forgot the new Gorguts. I like that more than the Death Angel album.

Sym wrote:I try not to limit myself much but one sub genre I dont care much for is black metal.

Meh I think it mostly sucks

There are a few exceptions like Bathory or Emperor.
Yeah same. There's very few black metal I really like. Burzum can be pretty decent at times.

View user profile

Most viking metal is pretty lame lmao

Not really into power metal either

Sym wrote:Most viking metal is pretty lame lmao

Not really into power metal either
I'll probably listen to power metal more than black metal.

Some stuff is pretty decent. But I really like Iron Maiden so there's that.

View user profile

I dont consider Maiden power metal

Sym wrote:I dont consider Maiden power metal
No but alot of Power Metal has the whole twin guitar harmony thing going on so I'm a fan of that kinda stuff.

View user profile

Word

Carcass beyond Necrotisicm bores me. I blame Amott.
Their high point will always be Symphonies, the definition of deathgind and goregrind.
Check out Haemorhage if you haven't heard them.

Warbringer from the tracks I've heard are actually pretty good, the problem is listening to them just makes me want to listen to Slayer.
This is generally my problem with thrash, when I listen to something new that is any good it just makes me want to listen to something classic instead.

Vektor...yuck.

Black metal has a lot of great music. I rarely listen to the genre anymore except, but in school I listened to a shit load.
Mayhem, Thorns, Dodheimsgard, Belphegor, Bathory are all great bands and there are a lot more both obscure and not that don't come to mind at the moment that I quite enjoy.
Never liked bands like Dimmu Borgir or Emperor though.

The Canadian black metal scene is awesome, a lot more grindy and in your face than the European variants. Bands like Axis of Advance, Revenge, Blasphemy and Conqueror.

I also forgot the new Gorguts. Very solid.

View user profile

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum