New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fuck you, Michael Bay

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-24, 08:51

This Week's Top Story

WILL MICHAEL BAY'S TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES ADD ALIEN TO THE LIST TOO?

Every once in a while, a bit of movie news hits the online fan community
like a brick, causing an instant furor. "Organic web shooters,"
"Greedo shot first," and "walkie talkies instead of guns" are all
phrases that refer to previous such fan rebellions. Cynics can ridicule
fans for these events, but the truth is that they don't really happen
that often. Michael Bay definitely set off fans this week, however,
with one little comment about his plans to bring back Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It all started with this one little sentence,
"These turtles are from an alien race and they are going to be tough,
edgy, funny and completely lovable."
That's right: Michael Bay wants to
add "alien" to their description, even if their abbreviation doesn't
become something like TANT instead of TMNT. The next day, Michael Bay responded to the massive online reactions by saying that "Fans need to take a breath, and chill." Director Jonathan Liebesman (Battle: Los Angeles, Wrath of the Titans), who will actually be directing the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Michael Bay is just producing), followed up with his own comments,
saying that "the TCRI canisters where the ooze comes from. That is
alien ooze." So, this is all about where the ooze comes from, which is
an alien race called the Utroms, which you can read about here. What's interesting about all of that, however, is that in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze,
changes were made to actually remove any reference to the ooze being
having alien connections... which are now being reversed. So where do
the RT fans stand? Is the alien connection blasphemous or just a sign
that Bay and Liebesman are going really, really old school?

WTF is this shit?

These idiots are fucking around with my our childhood...

View user profile

2 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-24, 09:03

BASTARDS!!!! Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

3 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-24, 13:39

Dance Hall Derelict wrote:
WTF is this shit?

These idiots are fucking around with my our childhood...

Thats exactly how I feel about this. I hate Micheal Bay.

View user profile

4 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-24, 13:39

Was the ooze alien in the original comics? I can't remember...

Other than that I really have to say that everything TMNT that wasn't Eastman and Laird's original vision and comic series already ruined the turtles. Everything that came after was total TMNT shit.

Comics, toys, movies, happy meals, playmates, "heroes in the half shell" and "kawabunga dude", different colored headbands, belt buckles with a letter for their names, lessened violence, no more blood etc... ruined TMNT.

Eastman and Laird sold out fast. TMNT was probably ruined by the late 80's... decades before Michael Bay ever touched it.

If you picture TMNT like this:

Instead of like this:

Then you are actually a fan of the ruined version already...

5 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-24, 13:51

Yea heard about Bay's version of it a few months back. Wasn't thrilled.

Also METAL!!! I FUCKING LOVE YOU MAN! FUCKING LOVE YOU!

Like last year when this board was on the Turtle phase I was the only one who mentioned the old school Eastman and Liard comics! I thought I was the only one!!

View user profile

6 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-24, 13:58

Not the only one.
I had a complete collection of the comics the first 2 years it was out.

I got rid of it as soon as Playmates started making changes to it and the absolutely fucking horrible cartoon came out. Suddenly it was like there were 2 versions. The awesome version and the "What is all this stupid shit?!?" version.

Like I said they sold out fast. I don't remember when the TV cartoon came out but it was probably within 3 years of the first original comic.

7 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-24, 14:09

WTH is this shit? Noooooo. Bay needs to have a stroke or something.

8 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-24, 17:11

Metalzoic wrote:Was the ooze alien in the original comics? I can't remember...

Other than that I really have to say that everything TMNT that wasn't Eastman and Laird's original vision and comic series already ruined the turtles. Everything that came after was total TMNT shit.

Comics, toys, movies, happy meals, playmates, "heroes in the half shell" and "kawabunga dude", different colored headbands, belt buckles with a letter for their names, lessened violence, no more blood etc... ruined TMNT.

Eastman and Laird sold out fast. TMNT was probably ruined by the late 80's... decades before Michael Bay ever touched it.

If you picture TMNT like this:

Instead of like this:

Then you are actually a fan of the ruined version already...

I remember back when someone pointed out the original comics I downloaded them and check them out, and despite the differences with the "ruined" version, I can't help but have a soft spot growing up with that version. I remember watching the original movie on cassette when I five, over and over again, until the tape was fucked up from rewinding. I stil watch it to this day and have a good trip down memory lane.

TMNT movie 2 and after was were I thought things got really bad...

View user profile

9 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-24, 17:27

Good point Greg.
I didn't take into account that most people grew up with TMNT never even knowing what it was like previously.

Makes sense that most people would be emotionally attached to the second version of them instead of the original that I was first introduced too.

Also, after thinking about it I think it was my friend Sean that actually had the entire E&L series of comics. I had a lot, but the complete collection was his.

10 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-25, 02:58

Metalzoic wrote:/snipstuff

sad part is, one of my earliest childhood memories is reading about Leonardo straight up beheading a guy.

View user profile

11 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-25, 04:04

Pariah....the first FUCKING issue of the original comics...they forced Shredder to commit Seppukku. And if he refused, they were going to decap him right there on the spot.

FIRST ISSUE. FIRST ISSUE. Shredder died.

View user profile

12 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-25, 04:34

The ooze that mutated the Turtles and Splinter was the same thing that made Matt Murdock blind and gave him powers

View user profile

13 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-25, 13:06

Roy Drage wrote:Pariah....the first FUCKING issue of the original comics...they forced Shredder to commit Seppukku. And if he refused, they were going to decap him right there on the spot.

FIRST ISSUE. FIRST ISSUE. Shredder died.

You can see why I used to be a turtle fan.

View user profile

14 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-25, 13:34

Yes. Original Turtles was fucking awesome.

And if he refused, they were going to decap him right there on the spot.

I couldn't remember this so I looked it up. He tried to get away so Donatello killed him.

15 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-25, 13:54

Looks like the ooze canisters were alien in the original and it sounds like that is what the alien talk was about.

Jonathan Liebesman - Director wrote:“Look, it’s so funny—if everyone was such a die-hard fan, they would know that the TCRI canisters where the ooze comes from. That is alien ooze. Now I’m not saying what Michael said is exactly what the movie is, because we’re sitting in a room now figuring everything out. (snip)"

16 Re: Fuck you, Michael Bay on 2012-03-25, 14:42

I wish I could find the original Eastman and Liard comics in a collection. But its hard to find unedited ones.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum