the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

List some scary movies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 List some scary movies on 2012-03-06, 03:04

List some movies that made you scared or thought were really good horror Razz maybe I'll find some new stuff

The Thing-original,trippy in an old school way
Amittyville Horror 2005 version...made me jump Razz
Halloween-original...one of the best I think.So creepy and creepy ending.Halloween 2 ain't bad either
Night of the Living Dead 1990,the soundtrack and pacing has a weird almost surreal feel to it,I liked it

View user profile

2 Re: List some scary movies on 2012-03-06, 04:56

just watched two that were really good that might fit the bill though they are more dark thriller than straight up horror

One is the machinist (2004) and the other is session 9 (2001). Session 9 was especially creepy and it kept you guessing as to the plot right till the end.

I'd definitely recommend them.

View user profile

3 Re: List some scary movies on 2012-03-06, 21:03

The Machinist is a damn good movie, I recommend it also.

The new The Thing is actually not bad at all. I loved it, even though it was more "monster-horror". The Thing itself is gruesome as fuck, and some of the gore scenes were just creepy as hell, and the suspense was evident. I actually liked it a lot.

A really good old movie is Eyes Without a Face. Might wanna try it. And then Silence of the Lambs was always a great one.

View user profile

4 Re: List some scary movies on 2012-03-06, 21:16

Event Horizon scared the shit out of me in the 5th grade. I need to see it again.
Also, The Ring scared me when I first saw it, but then it was novel, and not everyone was doing remakes of Japanese horror, so it wasn't trite and cliche, yet.

Other than that, no scary movies really scare me. I mean, some are really interesting, and exciting, but it's rare that I can actually admit that a horror movie is actually a good movie. Slashers and gore are played out, and I just can't get behind that kind of stuff. I really like ones with supernatural shit going on. I also love a lot of Zombie movies, but I'm totally desensitized to that, and can't get scared by it.

View user profile

5 Re: List some scary movies on 2012-03-07, 00:32

Pariah wrote:The Machinist is a damn good movie, I recommend it also.

The new The Thing is actually not bad at all. I loved it, even though it was more "monster-horror". The Thing itself is gruesome as fuck, and some of the gore scenes were just creepy as hell, and the suspense was evident. I actually liked it a lot.

A really good old movie is Eyes Without a Face. Might wanna try it. And then Silence of the Lambs was always a great one.

reverse marble hornets?

View user profile

6 Re: List some scary movies on 2012-03-07, 00:42

sort of. It's a complex film. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053459/

View user profile

7 Re: List some scary movies on 2012-03-07, 00:46

interesting

i think ive ignored it while it was happening behind me once [like most movies]

View user profile

8 Re: List some scary movies on 2012-03-07, 11:13

The Descent Very Happy

View user profile